Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am a heterosexual male, will someone make inappropriate advances towards me at sea?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a heterosexual male, will someone make inappropriate advances towards me at sea?

Hello,

I'm looking into applying for a cadetship. A lot of people have warned me about other males at sea trying to make advances on me or in some cases raping other males. Is it true if you spend so long at sea you start finding men attractive? I've haven't got anything against homosexuals, I just don't want to be involved if I go to sea. Somebody told me that you have to get involved otherwise you will be an outcast or even worse thrown overboard.

Now some of these statements I laugh at, but deep down I am scared. If someone rapes you at sea what can you do? There is no police. And if you try to report it there is no evidence as you'll have everyone's word against yours. How could I defend myself against this?

These kind of accusations are ridiculous.

These are stereotypical jokes that simply do not happen in the real world.

You are not going to get raped by a big bad bosun, or anyone else for that matter.

You don't defend yourself from this kind of thing, because it doesn't happen!

-THREAD CLOSED-

Comment

Working...
    X