Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company Policies

Due to qualify next June and I am curious to know what the shipping companies policy is regarding women officers transiting through areas of piracy?

As far as I am aware companies generally don't have policies on this as to do so would be seen by some as discrimination.

If you are particularly concerned about transiting piaracy areas then you should speak to your company.
    Go out, do stuff

Comment

It varies massively between companies, some won't send women to high risk areas, and some won't let women on board full stop, saying that the companies with these sort of attitudes probably arn't the sort of ones you want to be working for anyway.

Comment

Use sexy ladies in bikinis to distract the pirates while everyone dashes to the citadel.

Comment

Originally posted by pignutpilot View Post
          Use sexy ladies in bikinis to distract the pirates while everyone dashes to the citadel.
          Tool.

There is no policy against it, no policy for it and I highly doubt a company would go about writing one (equality and all that jazz)
          I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Never heard of any companies with policies relating to women in piracy areas ( not to say they don't exist). Realistically the risks in th piracy areas are incredibly low with reputable companies providing the correct protection.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
            x
            x
            Working...
            X