Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing signatures

I left my last ship in a massive rush and now that I'm back on land I'm missing signatures for my sea service record. I have the signed stamped testimonials but I somehow neglected to put them into the table. To put it bluntly, how much **** am I in.

A lot - although how much I don't know as I am not the MCA - but I would guess they would frown upon it.

Scan in the page from the TRB and email it to the ship with a very apologetic message highlighting how much of an idiot you were and asking them to kindly sign the relevant boxes (and enter their certificate details if you didn't already fill that bit in) and post it back to you.

Your training manager will be able to get you the email address for the ship (if you don't already have it) or provide you with a means of posting a copy to the ship. It's obviously important to do it ASAP before everyone scatters off the ship!

I did the same thing with one of our captains, we left our books with him a week before he left to sign... he left giving us the books back that morning and we didn't notice he hadn't signed the specimen page. Luckily he also worked in the office so we just photocopied the page and sent it with a letter to the office asking him to kindly sign it and post it back.
    ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
    myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

I've emailed my training manager explaining my idiocy. Although it being past office hours now I won't hear until Monday. I know my DTSO is still on that ship until October at the earliest.

Comment

as a point the sea service record is there to provide a record for the chief engineer to use to generate the testimonial, so if the testimonial is complete it should be fine, depending on who your managed by it might be worth asking them aswell, they see a lot of TRb's and will know whats truely essential
        you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

Originally posted by ETwhat? View Post
          as a point the sea service record is there to provide a record for the chief engineer to use to generate the testimonial, so if the testimonial is complete it should be fine, depending on who your managed by it might be worth asking them aswell, they see a lot of TRb's and will know whats truely essential
          Ahhh, I somehow miss read the original question as the "Specimen signature table"... oops...
          ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
          myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

OP here, emailed the companym, said it was fine to scan and email it so they can sign it and send it back. cheers for the advice

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x
            Working...
            X