Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VTS operator

I've recently qualified and have been offered a third mates position with my company (hence the anonymous posting). But I don't really fancy working at sea. I enjoyed my time away, and remain interested in the shipping industry. But for personal reasons I now wish to work ashore. I like the look of VTS and understand that as a qualified OOW I am somewhat suitable for this job.

I was hoping someone could give me an idea about the lifestyle, working conditions etc. I know the pay will be significantly less than that which I could earn at sea.

Thanks in advance.

Hello!

Might be worth googling the UK VTS Association who will probably be able to point you in the right direction. They're on twitter too if you use it: @UKVTSA

CD
    sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

their twitter is broken currently they got hacked the other day, dont seem to be up and running again yet
      Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
      Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
      No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Their Twitter seems to be back up, if you use it they are like CD said @UKVTSA or they can be found at UK VTSA
        Last edited by MarkW; 6 February 2012, 10:37 PM. Reason: added url
        Flickr Twitter
        No man would go to sea if skilled enough to get himslef into prison, for a jail has more room , more honest company , and you are somewhat less likley to drown ( Dr. Samuel Johnson)

Comment

Good over the weekend their account sent some very odd DM's and things....glad they are back
          Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
          Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
          No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x
          Working...
          X