Accomodation Fees

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accomodation Fees

Hey

I'm due to join STC on the 5th however I've just looked at fee's for accom etc and was abit shocked to find that a £100 bond and £488 4 week accomodation and meals has to be paid, and I unfortunatly dont have nearly 600 pound lying around, do they give you any sort of leeway as with short notice its a large amount of money to magic up?
    Cheers

its a tough one really, maybe phone them and ask, I am also joining STC on sunday but I am lucky as my company are paying my first 5 weeks rent and that bond, I have heard of some people getting themselfs a student overdraft to help the situation
    Be what you want to be not what other people tell you to be
    Adapt and over come
    Careers At Sea Ambassador

Comment

It wouldn't be as much of an issue but I've only found out today, and its going to be difficult to get 550 quid by sunday :/
      I've tried ringing the halls all day but no one seems to be there

Comment

You more or less have to pay it when you get there in the first week. I had to wait 3 weeks before I got my first wage from my company so it was a tough few weeks living on the breadline. Is it £488 a month now? It was £480 a month when I finished phase 1 in July!

Comment

Whoa thats a major jump in the fee, was 440 last september, although i went for 5 days and went home nothing like a first class train to unwind on a friday night
          you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

Sorry my mistake ETwhat, it was £440 a month when I was there as well, not £480, but if its £488 a month now thats just madness!

Comment

i had thought some one had said that they had gone up to £112 a week, altough if they have jumped to £122 i hope the compaines follow suit and give us a raise.

Comment

£112/wk and fully booked - for comparison a single catered room at newcastle uni in the city centre is 115 a week. I'd of thought shields was a tad cheaper than the city centre... They allocate about £30 a week for food out of that as well.
                Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

Ok so the £488 was just an epic math fail?

Comment

We got told that when we meet with the manager on Sunday, you can sort out a plan with them if you can't get all the money straight away. I guess something like pay the first rent fee over 3 months or something...

Comment

ah, I spoke to my training officer and with me living so close to the college she said it was ok just for me to stay at home, which I suppose is a bonus.

Comment

yeah it was me that said its gone up to 112 a week from 110 was in the booklet we got i thinkt hey hit the wrong numbers there lol
                        Be what you want to be not what other people tell you to be
                        Adapt and over come
                        Careers At Sea Ambassador

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        x
                        Working...
                        X