X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise Ship Cadets: Tattoos?

Hi,

I am seriously thinking about applying for a cadetship with a cruise company. I have had a quick look at the application form, and there is a section relating to tattoos.
    I have 3, 1 on each leg (calf area, not large or offensive) and the other on top of my arm (again not large or offso its not as if I have a full arm 'sleeve' tattoo or anything like that.

Now my question relates to the uniform, as the application form states no tattoos to be visible in uniform (this is including during the wearing of shorts), Do cruise ship officers wear the high socks if in shorts as part of their uniform (as these would cover up the tattoos on my legs and so would not be a problem as they would not be visible to passangers etc as per the company's guidelines).

Hope this makes sense?

Many Thanks in advance

Depends on the Company as each company has their own uniform Rules. Non the less you are asked
    to give details of all tattoos, size and position and a decision is made based on that.

I think another aspiring Cadet on here was in the same situation as you, have a look around

Comment

Also be aware that most tattoos will show up through the shirts you have as they are quite thin.
      ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
      myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Ring the company and ask as has been said its very company specific and it will save filling out the form for no purpose, if your giving a size on the form also inculde a location for the calf distance below the knee so that people have an idea where it is exactly, if you do ring them have all the information that the form asks for written down and to hand first so that if they want more details you dont have to call back.
        you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

I think they may have a problem with it. Everyone wants to work on cruise ships so they are rather picky....
          I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Everybody GM?

Comment

Originally posted by bryan_s View Post
              Everybody GM?
              Quite a few have come on here and have gushed about how they want to work for a cruise company, and whats the best way to get in with a cruise, etc, etc, etc

I'm yet to work out why..
              I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Social interaction with Cargo? :P

Comment

I'd rather talk to my containers or cement.

Comment

Originally posted by bryan_s View Post
                    Social interaction with Cargo? :P
                    Yup just wait till Carnival buy the www.allgaycruisecompany.net that will make getting your ship a bit more of a russian roulette

Comment

Originally posted by ETwhat? View Post
                      Yup just wait till Carnival buy the www.allgaycruisecompany.net that will make getting your ship a bit more of a russian roulette
                      Now now... ^^

Comment

Originally posted by ETwhat? View Post
                        That really wouldn't help the sailor jokes.

Comment

Let's try and keep to the original topic please :-)
                          ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
                          myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Originally posted by jackc View Post
                            That really wouldn't help the sailor jokes.
                            Just remember its the deckies who are the sailors

Originally posted by alistairuk View Post
                            Let's try and keep to the original topic please :-)
                            awww ok, its uncommon for a thread to get to page 3 on topic though, and i could get it back on topic but it might make everyone unhappy so i wont.

Comment

Right sorry,

what you ought to do is to phone the companies that interest you,
                              give them the details and ask them if it's OK. As previously said this is to spare you
                              the agony of filling out applications unnecessarily would they have a problem with your tattoos.

If they do have a problem with them then as stated above, Cement apparently makes good company too!

Best of luck!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X