Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there bias towards people who live near the sea or nearer the colleges?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there bias towards people who live near the sea or nearer the colleges?

On the CMT facebook I notice that almost everyone's hometown is either Glasgow or various Scottish coastal areas...

I live in the town which is the furthest away from the sea in the UK, and nowhere near any of the colleges.

Would this put a negative on my application?

Thanks!

[Admin Note] Thread approved, however new Anonymous Forum guidelines permit sensitive questions only. Please bear this in mind for the future Thanks!

sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

No bias at all, though Clyde are very popular in Scotland. The companies really don't care where you're from - being from near the sea doesn't make a great seafarer! Hope that helps!
      sigpic
      Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Also the people posting on the Clyde Marine Facebook page will only be a small portion of the cadets with them.

Comment

I think clyde market themselves better as a whole and are even more active in scotland certainly several of my class mates are from there. its probably less about clyde and more about who people apply to.

On a side note Clyde are my employers (for want of a better name) not my friends ergo not on facebook
          you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

No bias towards where you live with Clyde, I also live about 60 miles from the coast and didn't have a problem

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
            x
            x
            Working...
            X