X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• careers at sea

Please help

I have been trying to get on one of their events but getting no answer from [email protected] which is one they have on their website and failed delivery from [email protected] which is another one from their site.

They have no phone number on the website which doesn't help, any ideas?

Re: careers at sea

If you are interested in a career my best advice to you would be to contact one of the nautical colleges directly. Warsash, South Sheilds, Fleetwood, National Maritime College of Ireland and Glasgow college of navigation all have open days and careers days. Even if you've missed them the college would be happy to provide you with information if you call them. They can even supply you with lists of contacts to apply for shipping companies.

http://www.warsashacademy.co.uk/contact/contact.aspx

http://www.gcns.ac.uk/contact-us

http://www.fleetwoodnautical.co.uk/contact

http://www.nmci.ie/

These are some of the websites, a quick google could supply you with more contacts.

Hope this helps

To boldly go.....
    Forum Administrator
    OfficerCadet.com

Comment

Thanks for that, I have contacted a couple of places but really want to go to their Dover boat thing. It says email to book places but when I try I get no reply

Comment

I have just sent them mails on both address' and got a bounce on enquiries nothing on the other one yet, but pointed them at this thread in case this gets you an answer
        Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
        Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
        No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Cheers Cheify, the 1st 2 emails I sent to enquiry got me delayed delivery notifications, the 3rd may have got through as no notification, but no reply. Enquiries bounded back twice, doesn't fill me with confidence.

Anyone been on any of their cruise ship open days?

Comment

confused.com ...... I got a reply and a booking form for you here...in fact I guess anyone can have it :0

QQ
            Hi [super-injuncted],

Thank you for your email,

Not sure why the link to our website has not been working for your user,
            I have checked and emails are coming through fine!? However we are in
            the process of refreshing the careers at sea website so there may be an
            intermittent problem.

With this said I have attached a booking form which lists the ship
            visits taking place this summer. Liverpool and Southampton are fully
            booked. The form needs to be completed and returned back to me to secure
            a booking

If you have any additional question please feel free to contact me.

Thanks again
            QQ
            Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
            Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
            No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Super-injuncted you are a star, thanks for the effort

Comment

I am furious, I emailed these people 3 times to make sure I was included. I emailed again yesterday to ask for more details and had a reply today stating that they hadn't received any of my emails (there is no phone number on the website or I would have called) and it is now too late for me to be included.

This is the only one I can attend and I have taken 2 days off work and booked a hotel in Dover as I live many hours drive away. I emailed practically begging to be included, does anyone know how this works? They say once the list has gone to the company no one can be added, recon I have a chance?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
                x
                x
                Working...
                X