X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do??

Hey everyone,
    I am currently 16 and in 5th year at high school in Scotland, I really want to be a deck cadet!
    So far I have standard grades of 1's in english and drama, 2's in geography, chemistry, maths, biology and art.... This year I am sitting higher English, art and drama, next year I am sitting higher geography, biology and religious moral philosophical...
    What I want to know is what level of qualification do you guys think I can apply for, when I can apply and how it s for female cadets...
    Thankyouuu xx

Re: What to do??

Your probably best either picking up a higher in maths or physics. Probably maths as you have the standard grade. Best to apply early unless you want a gap year before you start. If you want to start september 2012, I'd apply before the end of this year at the latest.

Comment

Ok thank you, I think I will follow your advise and pick up higher maths.
      What level of qualification should I apply for?

Comment

Are you not sitting your Higher English tomorrow Morgan?

I would personally take Higher Maths and Physics. I took Higher Physics last year and from my point of view it is a lot easier than Higher Maths, however everyone is different.

When you go for your interviews that would be an ideal question to ask- what qualification would you recommend?. Usually when you are filling out your application you just pop your qualifications in and they will have a rough idea on what they think is best for you. If you already have some Highers, chances are that they will want you to apply for the Foundation degree.

Which collage/ university are you wanting to go to?
        "Knowledge is gained through experience and experience is just another name for our mistakes" - Albert Einstein/Oscar Wilde
        "Choose a career that you really enjoy and you will never have to work a single day in life."

Experience with Container, General Cargo and Cruise vessels.

Comment

Ha yes I am sitting higher English tomorrow haha, how did you know?
          Well I live in Scotland so ether Glasgow or new castle are closest I think.
          Ok I will have a think about physics then, thank you! Xx

Comment

Because I am in the same boat (if your pardon the expression) and also have the exam tomorrow. Too busy procrastinating. I also live in Scotland.

Now I won't say anything on this publicly, however just because the collage/university is the closest does not necessarily mean it is the best option. I originally wanted to go to "X", but company "Y" said "X" was slipping in standards and have had a few problems with them, so the suggested "Z". I wouldn't want to speak on their behalf, but I wouldn't like someone to go through the training process with problems.
            "Knowledge is gained through experience and experience is just another name for our mistakes" - Albert Einstein/Oscar Wilde
            "Choose a career that you really enjoy and you will never have to work a single day in life."

Comment

Haha oh dear, yea I am so scared for tomorrow lol but just gonna d o my best :s good luck

Ok I know exactly what your on about, I heard that about X too and that's what's put me off going there, where are you going then?

Comment

The joys of Higher English. I have spent the past week memorising quotes.

Best luck to the two of you!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Comment

I'm sure you will be fine, can't do better than your best. I'm slightly worried as well. You can't be human if you go into an exam and not be worried.

Ok, that is good that you know. Well I am planning to go to the University of Plymouth, but that is dependent on these exams. So on that note, I better get off this and do some revision.

Jackc, I wish I never took the subject, the English department here is... to put it nicely- not the best.

I wish you all the best of luck as well!

Comment

Hmm university of Plymouth, could you get any further away from Scotland lol.
                    Good luck to you too jackc, at least you guys have something to look forward to I still have another 12 months of school

Comment

Originally posted by Lewisscott22
                      I would personally take Higher Maths and Physics. I took Higher Physics last year and from my point of view it is a lot easier than Higher Maths, however everyone is different.

When you go for your interviews that would be an ideal question to ask- what qualification would you recommend?. Usually when you are filling out your application you just pop your qualifications in and they will have a rough idea on what they think is best for you. If you already have some Highers, chances are that they will want you to apply for the Foundation degree.
                      problem with that is by the time you get an interview you'll probably have started your next set of highers.

Comment

Lewis, the department at my school is the same. My teacher has been off for two months throughout the course and that doesn't include the two weeks we had off on snow.

Comment

Where about are you studying jackc?
                          Omg thats not helpful, what text are you's studying?

Comment

St Mungo's in Falkirk.

Our texts were, "Bold Girls", by Rona Munro and "The Kite Runner", by Khaled Hosseini.

The questions actually worked out quite well for one of my texts. The other, not so well. As for the Close Reading, that was not too bad, I was surprised to see they feature Boris though.

Comment

Haha same, I was like lol boris, "Phooey!"
                              Did you's see the bit where they said that "own words" is now "u" questions?
                              One of my essays came up by I can tell it was a major fail :s
                              Oh well :/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X