Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade unions for shore side jobs?

Hi, just curious what the best trade unions are for those who work in the marine industry but in a shore side role?
    I used to be part of nautilus as a cadet, but then i went shoreside. Things are getting a little hairy where im working and im wanting to back myself up, so any suggestions would be very helpful.

thanks!

It depends on your industry / work place. Ask work colleagues who they are with etc, the more of you in the same union the better
    Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
    Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
    No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Depends on several factors, but essentially you can join any union (unless they specifically state you NEED to be a certain profession).

As above, if your colleagues are mostly x union it may be best to be in x union.

If your employer recognises y union for your role, then join y union.

If none of the above then you can join a general union such as GMB or Unite. These unions will be able to provide you with legal cover for anything hairy at work.

Join ASAP though, no union will be interested if you join a few days before raising an issue!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X