X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Age limit for foundation degree course

Hi,
    I am currently 15 and about to start studying for my highers, and will therefore be leaving when I am 16. It has been my intention for quite a while now to do the foundation degree course to become a deck officer, however do you have to be 17 to begin the foundation degree course?

Cheers
    Jack

Re: Lower Age limit for foundation degree course

You need 120 ucas points so you will need atleast 1 year of post 16 at school or college
    Maybe I will never be
    All the things that I want to be
    But now is not the time to cry
    Now's the time to find out why

Comment

Thanks for the reply. The thing is, I started school when I was 4, so I will hopefully have the required number of points by the time I am like 16 and a half. Oh well, I'll give it a go! If it doesn't work out i will have to take a gap 6 months.

Comment

Age has nothing to do with points, you gain them from passing exams. For the Foundation Degree you are required to have 120 UCAS points from Scottish Highers or 'A' levels. You must also have passed two Highers/'A' levels I believe.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Comment

Originally posted by jackc
          Age has nothing to do with points, you gain them from passing exams. For the Foundation Degree you are required to have 120 UCAS points from Scottish Highers or 'A' levels. You must also have passed two Highers/'A' levels I believe.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
          Put in laymans terms you will be about 17 by the time you have A levels ASSUMING you have done well enough in the first year to pass A2 without taking the second year exams or have taken exams early entry. Realistically though you'll be looking at going in around 18
          "We're not pirates, We're preemptive nautical salvage experts"

Comment

References to A Levels are largely irrelevant, the OP is at school in Scotland. It is entirely possible to start uni at 16 with Scottish qualifications if you are amongst the younger folk in your school year group (birthdays between October and March). Unless a particular institution or company insists on a lower age limit (unlikely) then I don't see why you couldn't start an FD/PD course at 16.

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
              x
              x
              Working...
              X