How many attempts allowed in HNC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many attempts allowed in HNC

Hi, I've hit a bit of a mental block in my HNC exams, is there a limit to how many times I can attempt them.
    I've been told it's 4 and no more, can anybody help?
    I've been going well-passing things first and second, attempts but hit a bit of a wall at the moment.

At Warsash it was 3 attempts for an academic pass (ie HND/HNC) and you could resit as many times as you wanted to get an MCA pass for exemptions providing you could keep paying for them.

Comment

One of the guys in my class spent 5 years failing his HNC, and he’s now a qualified officer... so you probably have nothing to worry about! Obviously the company will stop sponsoring you at some point though, but they’ll likely put you through all of your training regardless. So you’ll have everything you need to get to the orals apart from your HNC pass. Then all you need to work on is getting the HNC and you’ll be good to go for your oral.

Comment

Hi, thanks for taking the time to answer guys, I've passed most of it, just a couple of final exams I have to crack to get my HNC then the orals.
        Reassuring it's not officially the end at 4 attempts of an exam and I'm not the only one.
        It's just stress at the moment, my tutor makes it sound as though after 4 attempts there is no option for a fifth.

Comment

Hi, thanks for taking the time to answer guys, I've passed most of it, just a couple of final exams I have to crack to get my HNC then the orals.
          Reassuring it's not officially the end at 4 attempts of an exam and I'm not the only one.
          It's just stress at the moment, my tutor makes it sound as though after 4 attempts there is no option for a fifth.

Apologies for double posting, I wasn't signed in.
          Stress, Stress & more Stress, relax.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x
          Working...
          X