No announcement yet.

COC without HND?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COC without HND?

Hello! I am doing a HND Marine engineering cadetship and have just completed (sort of) phase 5. I have 2 outstanding resits to complete and just have a question about the worst case scenario. Obviously I am doing everything in my power to pass these resits, but if worst came to worst and I failed them, therefore not completing my HND, would I still be able to do my oral and get a coc? Obviously I'd have no exemptions or anything but i'm wondering if its possible, or what options i'd have if I managed to fail again. Again, this isn't an option for me, however I'm just curious and like to have a back up plan just in case.
    I'd appreciate any advice on this, cheers!

By taking this route you’ve basically agreed to complete an HNC/D/FD and in return you require less sea time to be eligible for your ticket, you will not be eligible to sit an OOW oral without written confirmation of course completion.

Your alternative route however could be gaining more seatime (I think it’s 18 months odd) and only sitting compulsory modules with SQA, then assuming you’ve completed a TRB and STCWs you can apply on that route.

Comment

In Glasgow when I was there you had two full class of engineers who were only studying for a HNC over the 5 phases who then went on to do the IAMI exams so the options there if you already have the HNC.
      Phase 5 SPD engine cadet at city of Glasgow college. Doing a a combined motor and steam ticket.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X