Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency Fire Exit security methods

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has any ideas about the securing of fire doors - Horizontal bars (without the internal vertical bars). (This is for a vessel that is not solas compliant)

Had a bout of POB's exiting through these doors and leaving them open, the risk is clear so no need for explanation.

I've suggested putting a corner brace on the door frame, and using those breakable plastic loops, as a deterrent.

any other ideas?

Install an alarm on the door
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

– Mark Twain
    myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Can't have alarms, as they would wake up the accommodation cabins. Linking all doors to one mainframe is too expensive.

Comment

Sign up for an account and ask the question, you may attract answers from the talented chief engineers etc on here then...

Comment

Put some self closing devices on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x
          Working...
          X