X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopper
    replied
    Haha, ye the piss test can work for meth and cocaine, but basically the pipe still as to be hot! (The issue is that its gone from say system in 3/4 days max) If the pipe is hot, you hardly need a piss test to work out who is high. sounds like a wonderful company to work for! lol

Leave a comment:

• agibbs98
    replied
    Originally posted by Hopper View Post
    Hair test is the only way to nail someone for coke or meth or the like, its only potheads that get caught out on the piss test.
    Urine tests work for cocaine and meth, our company lost employees who were found to be under the influence of both during routine urinalysis.

Leave a comment:

• Hopper
    replied
    Hair test is the only way to nail someone for coke or meth or the like, its only potheads that get caught out on the piss test.
    We ran a hair testing program for a while, it was initially looking to be quite expensive to do, but when certain members of your crew go from sporting dreadlocks to having a shaved head, the necessity of testing became low, all they wanted as a stamp in the discharge book and they were offski.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Never heard of hair testing being done, at college or sea. I was tested my first week of college phase 1 and then again in my last week on my final phase. Always urine tests

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Cheers for the responses guys you have all put my mind to rest.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    If they hair tested then there wouldn't be anyone working at sea!

Leave a comment:

• agibbs98
    replied
    I’ve never seen or heard of anybody getting their hair tested during drug and alcohol testing. In fact, I’ve only heard of urine analysis being used... obviously facts are well published on the times that these things staying in your system but be careful if you’re nearer rather than further from the “3 week retention” time or whatever it is. During my cadetship I got random tested at college three or four times, just routine urine sampling. At sea I’ve been random tested once with urine analysis and a breathalyser. There was a rumour that during your seafarer medical (ENG1) they don’t check for drugs on your urine test, and I’d be tempted to believe this as I’ve only ever seen them use test trips for protein and blood like your doctor would if chasing an infection.

Chevron, just FYI, are one of the hardest cadetships to get in the UK so you can probably not worry about their strongest testing! I’d say you’re probably safe to start a career if you’ve been clean for a couple of months and plan to stay clean. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic hair testing.

hair testing.

This is a bit of a sticky one (hence the anonymous) but i was wondering about the possibility of hair drug testing. this is basically because every couple of weeks i go to Amsterdam with work and as im sure you arent all idiots you can probably imagine what we get up to. i have however stopped as i am determined to pursue a career at sea ,starting hopefully in September and i dont want this ruined by a stupid plant. this however would just fit into the detection time for a hair follicle sample. is it likely i will get tested by this method as i have seen it in the job requirements for chevrons cadetships.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X