No announcement yet.

Starting Phase 2

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Phase 2

Hi, Ive just gone home from Phase 1 and have a few questions about sea time.

1. For those being sponsored through a training management company, how long did it take before you knew your ship/dates?

2. Any essential items you recommend bringing to sea?

3. Should the front of your training record book include middle names?

Thanks very much!

1) some find out the day after they leave college that they're flying to China in less than 36 hours, some wait months for a ship.

2) an eye mask incase your curtains are crap and flap about in storms whilst you're sleeping during daylight hours.

3) probably doesn't matter.

Comment

https://www.officercadet.com/article...to-take-to-sea

Comment

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by agibbs98 View Post
          1) some find out the day after they leave college that they're flying to China in less than 36 hours, some wait months for a ship.

2) an eye mask incase your curtains are crap and flap about in storms whilst you're sleeping during daylight hours.

3) probably doesn't matter.
          Found magnets are also a great help with flappines, and wish I'd thought to take them far sooner than a month in as an oow...

Regarding ships, I wited 2 months for my first one of phase 2, and then I had 23 hours from the end of phase 3 to being on my first ship of phase 4. It really is a lottery

Comment

You could hear right away you could wait a few weeks, just depends.
            with regards to essential items... laptop, external hard drive with loads of tv series and movies.... if you dont have stuff to keep u occupied during your down time it can be a long few months.

Comment

Magnets are also great for hanging up pictures from home etc. I always take a bunch with me and they're very easy to find on runs ashore or to the seamen's club. If you ask really nicely the person in charge of stationery might give you a strong one for hanging up something heavyish (probably best not to do this on your first day though).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x
              Working...
              X