No announcement yet.

time limit for NOE?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time limit for NOE?

I finished my cadetship late 2016 but didn't go on with it as I found a job that paid well shortly after leaving my training company - I did intend on applying for my NOE and taking my orals but I enjoyed my job and kept putting it off until I felt like it was too late. Now it's 2019 and for the past year or so my mind has regularly been going back. I'm sure that nobody would employ me even if I got the ticket, having no relevant experience for so long, but I still want to get the ticket if possible. Does anyone have any idea how my application would be looked at, seeing as the material I would be applying with is so old? If I get rejected, is the application fee returned or not?

I should imagine so long as you have all your original documents - STCW certificates, ENG1, passport, discharge book (signed), testimonials from your ships and your workbook from sea (TRB + written reports, system tracings for engineers etc) - you should be fine applying for an NOE on the basis that according to the MCA your NOE is valid for 5 years. You’re only 3 years out of the game, and by their standard some going onto their orals with their NOE could be 4+ years out of the game.

I estimate if you’re a 2016 leaver, you started in 2013... which would probably mean some of your basic STCW certificates are now invalid as they’re more than 5 years old. If this is the case you’d need to renew your personal survival techniques and basic firefighting before your NOE application.

I assume the application fee is taken regardless, but if you have everything required I see no guidance stating you should be rejected so your money should be well spent.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X