No announcement yet.

Advice for new cruise ship third?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for new cruise ship third?

So I was a cruise ship cadet and left after qualifying because I had horrible experiences with the bridge team. After a while jumping from job to job I finally decided to give it another go and got a job on cruises ships again.
    I’m excited for the chance and want to do well, I’m pretty happy with my ability but after hearing horror stories from other girls about how they left because of being bullied or isolated etc I’m pretty worried.
    Does anyone have any advice? I’m not afraid to get my hands dirty and not afraid of hard work, but I really don’t want to relive the isolation I had as a cadet that crushed me so hard.

Work hard, ask questions if you aren't sure. Nobody knows everything and especially when you are new you aren't expected to. But don't try and pretend you know what you are doing if you don't. You'll get found out quickly if you do and that's the sort of thing that will end up in people disliking you. Don't be late! Don't go too mad with the drinking as tempting as it is on cruise ships. Remeber you'll get idiots everywhere but try not to take too much notice of them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X