Getting cold feet - eng cadet due to start in jan

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting cold feet - eng cadet due to start in jan

Hi guys - I have a simple question:

If I 'drop out' now before the course starts in Jan - has my SMART funding been 'used'? Would I forfeit my chance to do a funded cadetship again?

I realise it's pretty late in the day and I'd be disappointing a few people...
    For several reasons I'm getting cold feet and think I'd prefer to cut ties now rather than start the course and have to drop out in the midst of it. On the other hand, I'd love to have the chance to reconsider this opportunity in future, and I don't want to forfeit my funding for life.

Thanks for any insight.

AFAIK SMART funding is only claimed after you start - So you should be able to back out now without issue. It's important you let your sponsor known ASAP if you are backing out, so they can sort things out their end.
    Pointy bit is the front, blunt bit is the back... Simples!

Will work for money/sea time.

Comment

Originally posted by MrStealth View Post
      AFAIK SMART funding is only claimed after you start - So you should be able to back out now without issue. It's important you let your sponsor known ASAP if you are backing out, so they can sort things out their end.
      Thanks - appreciate this insight Mr. and yes letting them know ASAP

Comment

I fully recommend speaking to your company regarding this.

If it's fears they can help with they will do their best as will the college you are looking to attend, however if you don't feel ready, there are other intakes at all college's throughout the year and the company may potentially look at deferring you to a different intake if it will help.

There are always option's, and the companies will do their best to help

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Comment

I wouldn’t be so sure with the “they’ll do their best to help” before you’ve started the course. But there definitely won’t be a problem dropping out now and reapplying in the future.

Clyde had this weirdly harsh approach to people who early on showed signs that they might drop out, reminding you how much money you’d owe (which is bs) etc etc

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x
          Working...
          X