No announcement yet.

Are ALL cruise companys bitchy?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are ALL cruise companys bitchy?

So I did some of my cadetship with Carnival UK as a deckie and not going to lie, hated it. I found the atmosphere so bitchy and the deck department mostly like some sort of US frat house. I know many of you feel the same
    To those who agree, does anyone know if Princess is the same or is it mostly a Carnival issue?

Probably the same. A couple of people I was a cadet with went to Princess on qualification but didn't particularly like it. One left after apparently being bullied by senior officers. How true that is I have no idea. At the end of the day its all under Carnival corp so the on board procedures will be broadly similar. I think there is a broader mix of nationalities on Princess so the bitching is probably more likely to be in Italian, so maybe you won't be as aware of it. Tbh if you didn't like CUK then I'd probably stay away from the cruise industry all together, its gonna be similar all over. Maybe one of the smaller cruise companies will be a bit better with there being less people and maybe a more relaxed atmosphere but maybe not.

I haven't found it too bad, not any more than any other workplace tbh.

Comment

I think it depends on where you go - smaller companies are much more fun.
      Cruise ship Captain with experience on-board Passenger Vessels ranging from 5500-150000 GRT.

Comment

Having done nearly all the brands I would rate them in the following order (bearing in mind things may have changed a lot since I was there) from most bitchy to least:

1. P&O uk
        2. Princess
        3. Cunard
        4. P&O australia

Personally I think at lot of it stems from the hotel department outwards to other departments (and before anyone says anything I married a purser so I’m not anti hotel at all)
        Pilotage - It's just a controlled allision

Comment

There all the same!

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
            There all the same!
            No... they really aren't.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x
            Working...
            X