Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoring

I know this probably sounds quite silly, but I tend to snore when i sleep. I know at Warsash you have to share rooms, and I am just worried that my roommate might get really annoyed with me doing this. Is there any chance of me being able to get a single room, or has anybody had any experiences of something like this during college phases?

Re: Snoring

Give him some earplugs?
    '... English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't
    just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages
    down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for
    new vocabulary.' - James Davis Nicoll

Comment

I thought this is what iPod's were for...

Comment

I snore like a mofo ( or at least I have been told i do ) but it is not an issue - people get used to it there is also the aforementioned ear plugs.

You can get some nose strip thingies as well but ive no idea if they work they are also a bit expensive. ( if you are going to be using them all the time ).

Id really only worry about once you start and if your roomie has issues try to sort something out then.
        Wise man says.... " Enough with the stupid questions "

Comment

you could let your room mate get to sleep before you, then your snoring wouldn't keep him up

I've not had to share a room at STC but about to go to sea, a snoring cabin mate would really bug me so I hope we're on different shifts.
          Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

Have you considered the possibility that your room mate might snore as well?
            "We're not pirates, We're preemptive nautical salvage experts"

Comment

could always buy him some cheap sleeping pills
              Life at sea is a life for me

Comment

Haha, I have a similar worry......but from the fact that I apparently talk a lot in my sleep.

Comment

I sometimes use the sticky strips that SuperAndroid mentioned and according to my girlfriend they work! Not too expensive though at about 7 quid for a months supply.
                  "I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way". --- Captain John Paul Jones, 1778.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  x
                  Working...
                  X