Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which companies send cadets to Fleetwood?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which companies send cadets to Fleetwood?

Hi there, I really want to study the deck course at Fleetwood (as it's just down the road from me!) Does anyone know which companies are most likely to send their cadets there for the September 11 intake? Cheers.

Re: Which companies send cadets to Fleetwood?

If you live near it you most likely wont go there , i live in cleveleys but was sent to STC although this is due to me studying Engineering you will most likely be sent to Warsash if your live closeby to fleetwood
    Maybe I will never be
    All the things that I want to be
    But now is not the time to cry
    Now's the time to find out why

Comment

Your best chance may be with clyde marine. I have signed with them and they are sending me to glasgow because it is the closest college to me. It is not guaranteed though, since it seems most companies prefer to send their cadets somewhere further away to get them used to being away from home.

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyW
        It is not guaranteed though, since it seems most companies prefer to send their cadets somewhere further away to get them used to being away from home.
        Not strictly true, two of the guys who are in my class who are with Clyde live about 10 mins away from college.

Comment

To be honest, go far from home and get used to it sooner rather than later, the ships dont stay close to home and yo'll be with people you dont know there either.

Older cadets may be sent to nearest college to them however that will be on a case by case basis.
          Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
          Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
          No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

I'm looking forward to going to a college far from home, even though I live in Glasgow and only 5-10 mins drive from GCNS.

As stated above, it is good preparation for being away from home once the sea time comes;

Living on a campus like Warsash, which is dedicated to marine studies, means I will get to meet a whole bunch of new like minded friends;

and also just for the experience!
            "I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way". --- Captain John Paul Jones, 1778.

Comment

Originally posted by RNR
              Not strictly true, two of the guys who are in my class who are with Clyde live about 10 mins away from college.
              That's what I meant. Clyde do send cadets to a college close by but some other companies prefer not to.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
              x
              x
              Working...
              X