X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marine Compliance Officer

Hello everyone,

I have placed this in the anonymous forum as I don’t wish my current employers to see. I have an interview for a role as a Marine Compliance Officer with a well known company and am struggling to get a good judge of what wage to expect. It is not listed on the job advert and I can’t seem to find any solid information online. So I’m looking for a good idea of what wage to expect, this is so I don’t undersell or oversell myself when asked in the interview.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Ive just noticed that it hasn’t removed my username somewhat defeating the purpose of the anonymous part but any assistance is still greatly appreciated!

Probably around ?30-40k

Depends on experience really, if you have a senior CoC you'll get more.

Also depends on location, I've seen jobs in London paying more than 10k extra on Glasgow - but that's just London life really

Comment

Hi
      I used to do a safety and compliance management role with a well known cruise company (and although in another country I was aware of what most of my peers around the world were getting) and it was a few years ago so I may be out of date now...

It depends on whether you have a DPA role connected to it (it shouldn’t but many companies did) and also depends on what ticket you hold, the general rule of thumb was roughly the same salary as chief officer level (but obviously not tax fee)

I will say it was boring as bat$hit in the most part but the couple of years I did in that role have always served me well for moving up the ladder.

One thing to think about if you don’t hold your masters ticket already is that it will mean your stuck at that ticket level and it will effectively prevent higher progression in that area and getting back to sea will be a pain. I had my masters and getting back into a semi-seagoing position was a real headache even though I was only ashore about 3 years.
      Pilotage - It's just a controlled allision

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the information, it’s been really helpful.
        You mention about a DPA role and if there is one connected to the job would it be reasonable to expect a higher wage?

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by nomadic_geordie View Post
          Hi,

Thanks for the information, it’s been really helpful.
          You mention about a DPA role and if there is one connected to the job would it be reasonable to expect a higher wage?

Thanks again!
          If the DPA role is part of it then it used to be the case of about 10% extra or some kind of bonus, mainly due to the fact that as part of your role you had to be able to deal with the highest level of managmnent in the company and most companies had to bring the role to a senior management role in order for the CEO etc to understand they had a link to you.

(In case anyone is reading thinking what is he going on about - A DP under the rules has to have immediate uncensored access to everyone including the CEO / COO etc in the event of any issues not being dealt with at a local level)
          Pilotage - It's just a controlled allision

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
          x
          x
          Working...
          X