TS Queen Mary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS Queen Mary

For those of you who aren't aware, but the last remaining turbine steamer that was built on the Clyde is finally on her way home!

http://www.tsqueenmary.org.uk/

The TS Queen Mary was built in Glasgow in 1933 as a steamer ferry that took folks "doon the watter" and operated up until 1977. The vessel is now returning to Glasgow where she will undergo restoration and will be permeantly moored up on the Clyde River.

For those interested, she will be arriving at the James Watt Dock in Greenock at 1700 tomorrow. You can even track her!

http://tsqueenmary.org.uk/latest_news.htm
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Been following this on social media. Good to see her almost home, if I lived closer I would've tried to get involved in some way. Looking forward to visiting her when she's fully restored. Waverley was the first ship I ever went on as a small child so I've got a bit of a soft spot for the steamers!

Comment

Originally posted by EH75 View Post
      Been following this on social media. Good to see her almost home, if I lived closer I would've tried to get involved in some way. Looking forward to visiting her when she's fully restored. Waverley was the first ship I ever went on as a small child so I've got a bit of a soft spot for the steamers!
      Could always help publicise and get the word of the vessel out there?

Comment

Not that I don't like the project, but did calmac really have the right using public funds to finance the tow.

Comment

Originally posted by marlinspike View Post
          Not that I don't like the project, but did calmac really have the right using public funds to finance the tow.
          Where does it say that?

Comment

Working...
          X