Smart funding any news?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart funding any news?

As today is the last day that the Smart funding is supported what happens tomorrow for the recruiters? MGN 455 and MIN 486 expire 31st March. Seems to be very quiet!

Too busy trying not to nationalise TATA steel.....?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt247 View Post
      Too busy trying not to nationalise TATA steel.....?
      Ahh yes, now that would be very counter to their normal let private companies run things, like academies in Education..... I can't see how they think that improves things always though.

My view is companies are there to make profits, they pay their management usualy much more than public service sector management jobs, the only way they do that is pull funding away from the students. What they win with is if a school fails the finger pointing is at the private company and not the government, how handy is that, no accountability.
      I don't spend lots of time looking at the academies and how they work and how they perform so maybe I'm wrong.
      Some things are probably better run by private companies, but not everything.
      The balance is seeing an industry and lots of jobs go and the cost of then looking after those people in terms of welfare and benefits maybe very longterm. How long will steel prices remain low and is it worth making a loss? Interesting dilemma.

Comment

Apparently they found out it would have been cheaper to pay the miners to dig coal than all the unemployment money and other associated projects?
        The school privatisation by the back door and taking power away from mostly labour councils?
        Some poor chains in the west Midlands. .

Comment

Everything for the steel is imported though if I'm not mistaken, that has to affect the running costs too surely.

Comment

Originally posted by Midge View Post
            As today is the last day that the Smart funding is supported what happens tomorrow for the recruiters? MGN 455 and MIN 486 expire 31st March. Seems to be very quiet!
            Good news for all is on the horizon... as to when it'll be published is still unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie View Post
              Good news for all is on the horizon... as to when it'll be published is still unknown.
              That's good then at least they haven't forgotten.

Comment

at least they haven't forgotten.
                Defining who 'they' are is probably quite difficult... a lot of cooks.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie View Post
                  Defining who 'they' are is probably quite difficult... a lot of cooks.
                  Ohh cryptic, will have to wait and see what they have cooked together. I'm sure the sooner it's all sorted the better for all.

Comment

Any update

Comment

Having read the MCA business plan for 2016/17 the only thing I could see was a drop in funding.

Comparing the 2015/16 the forecast outrun was 15.3 for 2014/15 and business plan 15/16 was 15.3

This year the forecast outrun for 2015/16 is 14.7 and business plan fig. 2016/17 has dropped to 12.3

So that's a 3m drop in the business plan and the out run is down .6 which maybe down to a drop in cadets numbers.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...al_Version.pdf

Guess all will have to wait and see... could be that some funding would come from elsewhere, maybe BIS apprentice schemes, who knows. Or they decide to review and then look again. They had an extra 3 m introduced before in 2014 covered things like HELM courses details in min 486. Perhaps they are just taking that extra 3m back.

Comment

Having read the MCA business plan for 2016/17 the only thing I could see was a drop in funding.

Comparing the 2015/16 the forecast outrun was 15.3 for 2014/15 and business plan 15/16 was 15.3

This year the forecast outrun for 2015/16 is 14.7 and business plan fig. 2016/17 has dropped to 12.3

So that's a 3m drop in the business plan and the out run is down .6 which maybe down to a drop in cadets numbers.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...al_Version.pdf

Guess all will have to wait and see... could be that some funding would come from elsewhere, maybe BIS apprentice schemes, who knows. Or they decide to review and then look again. They had an extra 3 m introduced before in 2014 covered things like HELM courses details in min 486. Perhaps they are just taking that extra 3m back.
                        Applying to companies late 2015/early 2016, the general voicing of "Reducing intake of Cadets" has been echoed through. Again, due to market, offshore-slump, funding, grants or government.... however you wish to spin it.

Thankfully I'm in with a company- starting Sept 2016, but as to whether what's happening in regards to, as stated, SMaRT funding and that, is to be seen to.

hmmmpphhhhh......
                        "We have encountered an enemy square! The most deadly of all the quadrilaterals!" ~ EfffingController
                        First of all, I'm not Scottish! I'm Drunk!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Nicoll View Post
                          Applying to companies late 2015/early 2016, the general voicing of "Reducing intake of Cadets" has been echoed through. Again, due to market, offshore-slump, funding, grants or government.... however you wish to spin it.

Thankfully I'm in with a company- starting Sept 2016, but as to whether what's happening in regards to, as stated, SMaRT funding and that, is to be seen to.

hmmmpphhhhh......
                          Will have to wait and see, though various bodies had been asking for much more funding not less. The shipping minister was saying lots of things like there us a shortage of seafarers ( no we don't want another discussion on that topic again) The M notices are now out of date. So they will have to do something soonish. Though we have been here before in 2012, it took a while then too!

Comment

Working...
                          X