Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call for Help!!

Good afternoon everyone!

As we review our ?Careers at Sea? website it is important to us that we portray a realistic and modern view of the Merchant Navy. With this in mind, we would like you to help us ensure that people considering a career in the Merchant Navy are able to relate to someone already pursuing their prospective career path. We are requesting that you might provide us with a case study reflecting on your careers in the Merchant Navy so far, and your aspirations for the future.

We are looking for an array of people that cover the following:

? Deck and Engineer:

? Variety of Ranking Officers
    ? Cadets
    ? Ratings

? Electro-Technical Officers and cadets

? Catering staff

A mixture of case studies from the above would be extremely useful. We would like to cover a range of ages (to inspire mature students) and ranks as well as female case studies to highlight the successes a variety of people can have at sea.

We would be grateful if you could use the pro forma below in red to complete your case study to ensure that we have a level of consistency on our new website. We would also be happy to send these questions out to you as a word document if you provide us with an email address.

Please could you return the case studies to us using the following email address so that they can be used on the new website: [email protected] If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Many thanks for your help with this- we look forward to using your stories on our website to encourage people to consider the Merchant Navy as a career opportunity!

[email protected]

Name:
    Company:

How did you originally hear about the Merchant Navy?

What made you want to pursue a career in the Merchant Navy?

What course are you on/did you complete and why did you choose that career option?

What types of vessels have you sailed on?

What aspect of you job do you love the most?

What have you found to be the most challenging part of working at sea?

What is the best experience you have had at sea so far?

What do your family and friends think about your career choice?

What is the most rewarding part of your career?

Please sum up your experiences in a short personal statement.

Please provide us with a photo of yourself. The photo should represent how you wish yourself, and your job role, to be perceived by the industry. Without a photo we may not be able to use your case study.

These questions may be used as a guideline for you to compose a case study that we are able to use on the careers at sea website for promotional activities. If you would like any further information about the use of this work please contact us
    Please feel free to send us any further information or photographs you feel may be help to promote a career in the Merchant Navy.

Many thanks for your help with this project!

I'm really pleased to see that the [email protected] website is having an update. Your website is a valuable resource for prospective cadets, it has certainly helped me in my journey through the application process. I would be more than happy to write a case study once I have some experience as a cadet. I would also be interested in becoming a careers at sea ambassador in the future especially as there seems to be very little awareness of this fantastic career path in my area- I have heard of no one from the group of schools in my county who has pursued a career at sea!

Thank you!

Comment

Hi McBoo!

So nice to hear from you and thank you for your lovely post. We are really excited about our website and hope that we can share as many stories as possible.

We would love to have a case study from you and to welcome you onto our scheme of Ambassadors! We need people just like you to help us take this forward. Please feel free to get in touch with us on [email protected] for more information or if you need any help.

Have a lovely weekend!

[email protected]

Comment

Hi [email protected]

i too would be happy to provide a case study with being a more mature cadet going through the initial process leaving an established career to join the MN and your website was invaluable during my initial research and application stages. So I will send mine over shortly. Thanks for your help although you were probably unaware at the time!

Comment

Hi [email protected], I will hopefully be starting my cadetship this September and- like the guys above me- would be more than happy to provide a case study when I begin as your website played an important asset in making my decision to aspire to be a marine engineer at sea as it provided me with everything I needed to know about beginning a career at sea.
          Phase 5 SPD engine cadet at city of Glasgow college. Doing a a combined motor and steam ticket.

Comment

It's about time the website received a bit of TLC... It's starting to show it's age!

I'm happy to be used as a case study [email protected]
            Pointy bit is the front, blunt bit is the back... Simples!

Will work for money/sea time.

Comment

Good morning to you all!

Thank you for offering to complete case studies. NewGuy15 we have received yours thank you- it was great!

Please feel free to send us your experiences and photos to [email protected]

We look forward to reading them all and using them to promote the Merchant Navy.

Thanks!

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
              X