Free wifi port of Ipswich for seafarers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free wifi port of Ipswich for seafarers

Now wouldn't it be wonderful if all ports in the world offered this, even if they could limit it so people didn't download every film that was ever made would be great. Seems to me many ports don't have wifi at all and you need to be able to get off the ship and travel to find it.
    It would make so much easier than finding a SIM card that works with a the right network etc and dare I say it somewhat cheaper.

http://abports.co.uk/newsarticle/145/

A lot of container terminals have WiFi across the site but its locked down. The infrastructure is there it just needs opening up to seafarers

Comment

Port Chalmers here in New Zealand offers free wifi during the cruise season (October - April) for passengers and crew I believe, used it a couple of times, rather handy!
      "Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out" ~ John Wooden

Deck Cadet on Product Tankers.

Comment

Most of the big (and occasionally small) cruise ports in Europe have free wifi although when 1000s of people try and use it it's pretty crap.

If not pretty much every bar, cafe, restaurant near the port will have wifi :-)
        ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
        myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

A container terminal in Montreal that I have visited had wifi but you had to be willing to work for it...by which I mean sit outside of the accommodation at -15 degrees in winter

Other than that there was a McDonalds five minutes walk away.

Comment

Working...
          X