No announcement yet.

Scotland Vote and SMaRT Funding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Spain will veto the application to prevent their own separatist movements getting ideas of independence.
    Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

Only one month to go haha

and the EU situation could have been sorted out at the start of the campaign because the EU commission said that it would offer its opinion if asked by a member state i.e. the UK but the UK govn said they would not pre negotiate.

Comment

Originally posted by PossibleRecruit View Post
        Only one month to go haha
        Aye, I'm dreading it. I hate the idea that on Thursday I'll be British citizen but on Friday I could be an ex-pat living in England. I hate the fact that I could wake up and find that I'm a different nationality to my dad.

and the EU situation could have been sorted out at the start of the campaign because the EU commission that it would offer its opinion if asked by a member state i.e. the UK but the UK govn said they would not pre negotiate.
        Lets not forget that Eck told us that he already had legal advice about Scotland and EU membership.

Comment

Originally posted by Rootsea View Post
          I hate the fact that I could wake up and find that I'm a different nationality to my dad.
          I don't see how that could matter. Is your Dad going to phone you up on the 19th and say "Thats it, I don't love you anymore"?

Comment

I don't see how that could matter. Is your Dad going to phone you up on the 19th and say "Thats it, I don't love you anymore"?
            He might phone him and say 'when are you applying for a visa to visit me'.
            io parlo morse

Comment

Originally posted by endure View Post
              He might phone him and say 'when are you applying for a visa to visit me'.
              You don't need a VISA to visit the UK from Ireland (which is a 'foreign' country). Will Scotland be any different?

Comment

Is your Dad going to phone you up on the 19th and say "Thats it, I don't love you anymore"?
                I'm surprised he hasn't already to be totally honest....

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

You don't need a VISA to visit the UK from Ireland (which is a 'foreign' country). Will Scotland be any different?
                  Not after they've negotiated membership of the EU. I really have no dog in this fight. Personally I don't care one way or the other but it does seem to me that Salmond is assuming that he can just walk out of the sweet shop with all the sweeties and leave the refuse behind him.
                  io parlo morse

Comment

Just heard Alex Salmond would quit politics and his career for a yes vote...... That is seriously tempting me to go north and campaign for the yes vote I'd it means getting rid of the annoying pillock!

Who is with me?

Ian
                    "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
                    "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

The fact that overnight my nationality could change and I get absolutely zero say in it actually matters quite a lot to me.

Comment

Originally posted by endure View Post
                        Not after they've negotiated membership of the EU. I really have no dog in this fight. Personally I don't care one way or the other but it does seem to me that Salmond is assuming that he can just walk out of the sweet shop with all the sweeties and leave the refuse behind him.
                        Common Travel Area. Been in place long before the EU.

Comment

Common Travel Area. Been in place long before the EU.
                          Given that Salmond is saying he will introduce different immigration policies from rUK, I can't imagine that would last much longer.

Comment

So what do the SNP do afterwards? If they win, they're finished, if they lose, they're finished too!

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchorder View Post
                              Just heard Alex Salmond would quit politics and his career for a yes vote...... That is seriously tempting me to go north and campaign for the yes vote I'd it means getting rid of the annoying pillock!
                              He'll only quit because it's impossible to be the leader of the SNP AND Supreme leader of the "Democratic Peoples Republic of Scotland" at the same time.
                              Pointy bit is the front, blunt bit is the back... Simples!

Will work for money/sea time.

Comment

Surely Salmond will have to jack it in if they get a no vote?! - please?! think of all the money this little vanity project has cost. MILLIONS!
                                Cruise ship Captain with experience on-board Passenger Vessels ranging from 5500-150000 GRT.

Comment

Working...
                                X