Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A step back to the early Sixities - 50th anniversary Condor - Condor 1 for any anoraks,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A step back to the early Sixities - 50th anniversary Condor - Condor 1 for any anoraks,

I'm sure some of you will enjoy this, Hydrofoil Condor 1, I loved them when I was little, huge excitement waiting for it to go on to its foils, brings back some very happy memories!

I can only describe them as an oversized jet ski. After my trip in Condor Express with CE bear yesterday and watching these clips on the link below I wondered how small the engine rooms must have been on Condor 1.

http://www.channelonline.tv/channelo....asp?ID=510283

Here is CE Bear in the much bigger Condor ExpressDSCN0140.jpgDSCN0141.jpgDSCN0144.jpgDSCN0143.jpgDSCN0145.jpg

I think Condor might have been part of my inspiration for going to sea, having taken regular trips from Weymouth to St Peter Port to visit my cousins. However, having known a few people who worked for them, I doubt I'd ever find myself working for Condor.
    The HSC always look like a lot of fun to drive though.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungMariner View Post
      I think Condor might have been part of my inspiration for going to sea, having taken regular trips from Weymouth to St Peter Port to visit my cousins. However, having known a few people who worked for them, I doubt I'd ever find myself working for Condor.
      The HSC always look like a lot of fun to drive though.

They are training cadets and growing their own officers now so at least jobs for British officers, which do seem to be on the decline reading recent posts.

I keep out of the way of those HSC's when sailing my little yacht their wake is quite something, local jet skis wait for them to pass and have a great time crossing it.

Comment

I remember the hydrofoil condor 5, the last of the hydrofoils they had, it used to make everyone sick but my sister, then on the return leg we went on condor 9, a catamaran, near flat calm, my sister was sick every where.

Good times on condor over the years. Love going down the crew only section on the latest catarmarans, lowest point aft, just outside the engine room entrance, with the water jets going full blast, the water coming out is just so impressive up close.

One question about them doing cadetships, is that for deck department only? I always thought they prefered more experienced engineers with senior tickets on board? Nice to see they are taking on cadets anyway. Truly unique experience on HSCs.

Comment

Working...
        X