Virgin Cruises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin Cruises

Surprised its taken him this long to get in on the action...he's got his fingers in most of the other pies. Should be interesting.

http://gcaptain.com/richard-branson-...n-cruise-line/

Its a competitive market, it will be interesting to see what he actually plans to do.

Comment

EasyCruise ? ha

Comment

haha are they still going?

Comment

Originally posted by EH75 View Post
          haha are they still going?
          Nope.
          ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
          myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

I think its great - the likes of Carnival and Royal Caribbean have had it all their own way for too long. Its a competition commission outrage if you as me...
            Cruise ship Captain with experience on-board Passenger Vessels ranging from 5500-150000 GRT.

Comment

There are plenty of bottom feeders in the market already, doubt Virgin would give the big boys too much of a run for their money, but the lower end cruise companies might be screwed if they do it well.
              Go out, do stuff

Comment

Oh, I Don't know - they are talking about building new ships - they won't be going after the bottom end of the market - they will be shooting square at P&O and Princess et al I would imagine.
                Cruise ship Captain with experience on-board Passenger Vessels ranging from 5500-150000 GRT.

Comment

He promised something different that would attract people who wouldn't normally go on a cruise... Interested to know what he's planning there?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well it will mean jobs hopefully, by 2019 apparently.

Comment

He pays Virgin Atlantic pilots very well , so I've heard.

Comment

I think he will be going all out he's got enough money, like with Virgin airlines he may have only started with one plane but he still went all out, supposedly they were first to have tv screens in the back of chairs!

Personally can't wait brought his book yesterday and I was thinking this too my self!

Comment

If they pay well, I could be tempted to apply.
                          Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

It will be interesting to see how they do the manning - they may very well just give the ships to V-ships or CSM if they don't want the hassle of doing it themselves.
                            Obviously it would be much better if they did it 'in house' but by no means guaranteed. And even if they did, who is to say they would employ brits in large numbers anyway?

Comment

Bottom feeders, easy cruises? They never go for cheap end. They fighted for slots to compete with British Airways, they built the most advanced and best trains the UK had seen. Now they are at the for-front of space design, satellite launching and tourism. Their new A380s will be the first commercial aircraft with double beds in. They're all about the class, yes they make it affordable for the quality, but I'm sure virgin will be pushing for high quality cruising, if not the highest.

My sisters husband works for Virgin Atlantic, and yes the airline pays some of the best wages in the world. It shocked me to find out how bad some world famous high quality airlines such as LAN pay compared to top end european airlines.

Originally posted by Bulman View Post
                              Personally can't wait brought his book yesterday and I was thinking this too my self!
                              His books really good, interesting, informative, educational from a business respect and really makes you respect why Richard Branson has done so well from nothing. Hope you enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                              X