Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bear Update - 26.01.2014

Hi Folks!

Just to give you all a quick update on our bears!

Captain Bear

Still meandering about the South Atlantic with S4! He's obviously having a whale of a time, but with his ship being out so often and having no internet means we rarely hear from him! Should be home soon hopefully!

Chief Bear

Back from the Maersk Laberinto after having a great time sailing with Chiefy and co. He even stuck around Chiefy's to help him build his Lego Triple E! What a lucky bear!? He's currently off in Scotland helping out the local Mission to Seafarers Chaplain on his ship visits and learning all about the Mission to Seafarers!

Deck Cadet Bear Henry Allen

Spent Christmas with Emma over at Maersk, but is now off down in Warsash doing all his short courses and getting to know his fellow cadets. He's already met that HW chap and already dreads the day that he is let loose on a ship (ooo err....)

Engine Cadet Bear

Hmm, he's been a bit of a sneaky bear this one as he's only gone and smuggled himself into someone's luggage. Sadly we can't divulge which ship he is actually on, but he is off happily sneaking about a drydock in Singapore and should make his way back sometime soon (provided he doesn't decide to wander over to Orchid Towers or anything).

Sadly, he's still looking for someone to sponsor him, but we should hopefully have something for him soon!

ETO Cadet

She's currently being interviewed and meeting her training officer down at SSTG HQ. Hopefully, her carrier will eventually send his ship's agents details through to us so we can get her over to him so she can finally get some sea time!

Other news!

It's all go on the bear front, had a few requests come in for bears to travel with folks but could always do with more! So if you are responsible (not in the "all the feck ups were my responsibility" kind) and fancy taking a bear along to assist you on your voyage or short course, then drop us an email at [email protected] and we will see what we can do! We'll also need some details of where you are and how long you'd be able to carry the bear with you for before they head out to you.

Oh, we may also have a new recruit on the way, but more details about that will be released shortly.
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Hi Gm,

I have a 3/4 completed jumper should you need it, its been sitting in my knitting bag since Henry left, though I have had a few knitting moments in the last week whilst my grey cells were working on the sleuthing part of this MOOC thing I'm doing with Uni of Strathclyde.

Comment

Oh, for those who haven't seen it, a small blog post by Spinnaker consulting...

http://www.shippingjobs.com/blog/126...sits-spinnaker

Comment

http://gcaptain.com/maersk-container...aven-allision/

Don't suppose this was anything to do with the bear?

Comment

Originally posted by Inland Pirate View Post
          http://gcaptain.com/maersk-container...aven-allision/

Don't suppose this was anything to do with the bear?
          Luckily no, he was otherwise engaged at the time....

Comment

Pretty sure one of our very regular forum posters is on board.... maybe 2 of them?

Comment

That's what I was thinking.... Think I could use this to my advantage in an interview?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ask for their job? I doubt it

Comment

Promise not to crash it! Especially not into a ship owned by the same company....

I already have PB2

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, I don't PB2 really helps in this situation :P I was 99% recommend you inform them of your intention not to crash!!

Comment

Well Bear Henry Allen has been home for the weekend - and getting into trouble!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1547431358815211.1073741839.148373882851779 8&type=1

Ian
                      "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
                      "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

Working...
                      X