• Show
Clear All
  • HarmlessWeasel
    • November 2012

Orcas

Dolphins riding your wake is nothing...
  • alistairuk
    • March 2010

Nice, can beat it though... Was lucky enough to witness this off South Georgia on my 1st trip as a qualified officer;

?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
    myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

• HolyNougat
      • February 2012

Orca's are actually the largest member of the dolphin family, rather than whales, which is why they display similar inquisitive behavior. We have had some truly remarkable encounters with these things down in Antarctica - they are very intelligent....
      Cruise ship Captain with experience on-board Passenger Vessels ranging from 5500-150000 GRT.

Comment

• alistairuk
        • March 2010

Originally posted by HolyNougat View Post
        Orca's are actually the largest member of the dolphin family, rather than whales, which is why they display similar inquisitive behavior. We have had some truly remarkable encounters with these things down in Antarctica - they are very intelligent....
        I have some amazing photos of blue whales as well... I do kind of miss sailing down in Antarctica, was always interesting at least...
        ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
        myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

• Dosedmonkey
          • January 2011

Originally posted by alistairuk View Post
          I have some amazing photos of blue whales as well... I do kind of miss sailing down in Antarctica, was always interesting at least...
          Sadly I've become spoilt now. So many whales down near South Georgia its unreal. The whale hunting ban really worked on the plus sides.

I'm sure you'll find your way back down the antarctic some time in the future buddy. They're just refurbishing an old whalers barracks in King Edward Point, so they have extra emergency shelter, allowing them to take larger abouts of tourists down.

Comment

Working...
          X