'New' Marine traffic website problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'New' Marine traffic website problem!

Is it just me but since they have updated the Marine Traffic website I cannot get it to work.

On the old site all I had to do was begin to type in the ship I was looking for, it would take a guess, or tell me it was out of range, and ta da there was the ships position! Now when I type in the name, there is a big delay and then.... nothing happens!

So is it just me?

I found this too, but managed to find the ship I wanted with google.
    Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one that's not too keen on the new update!
      C

Comment

Well it's good to know I am not alone. Lets hope they sort it out, maybe its just teething problems!

Comment

I can only go by the fact that my missus seems to have more of an idea where we are than the bridge do, so I'm guessing the site itself is working.
          Go out, do stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Clanky View Post
            I can only go by the fact that my missus seems to have more of an idea where we are than the bridge do, so I'm guessing the site itself is working.
            It's the ultimate stalking tool ! It's not as good as it was though.

Comment

Just so long as it can't track me up Orchard Road in Singapore!
              Go out, do stuff

Comment

This is new!
                http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/p/satellite-ais

Comment

Originally posted by HarmlessWeasel View Post
                  But at a cost. The old site was much better. Not sure I like the new one.

Comment

I agree. The layout on the old site was less cluttered. Not sure I like my mum being able to see where I am all the time though... Might neglect to tell her about AIS...

Comment

I agree. The layout on the old site was less cluttered. Not sure I like my mum being able to see where I am all the time though... Might neglect to tell her about AIS...
                      Ultimate parental stalking tool
                      The good thing about ais when you lot are on ships that don't have a schedule is a rough idea where in the world you may be. Fine if a cruise or something that has a schedule, mix that with places where the Internet is crap or non existent and no phone signal at least it gives you an idea when it's worth sending a text asking how its going.
                      There are port webcams too you know we could even watch you lol!

Comment

oh dear. They won't be able to tell it's me when I'm face down right?

Comment

oh dear. They won't be able to tell it's me when I'm face down right?
                          well, no, but the secret cameras inside the bears will record everything and upload it wirelessly later on. The bears are a conspiracy by parents to keep tabs on their offspring. You all think they ate there to promote the MN? Hahahaha!
                          "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
                          "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

are you sure all those pieces of sensitive bugging equipment will survive firefighting...?

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchorder View Post
                              well, no, but the secret cameras inside the bears will record everything and upload it wirelessly later on. The bears are a conspiracy by parents to keep tabs on their offspring. You all think they ate there to promote the MN? Hahahaha!

Ohh why did you have to tell them about the secret weapon, took ages to get the camera lined up with the eyes too, it was going to provide years of bribery, and fun moments and just think of those shots at important events, weddings, birthdays, payback for all the times they have driven us mad, kept us up at night, years of homework prompting the list is endless! Not to mention the teenage grumpy bit.....

Comment

Working...
                              X