Another "pirate hunter" in the Mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "pirate hunter" in the Mail

Pirate hunter: How a British ex-Marine and bodyguard to the stars escaped death fighting the most feared hijackers on the high seas - only to find they were run by a secret network of Somali spies in London
    And that's just the title...
    sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Did he chuck fridges at them? All proper pirate hunters chuck fridges.
    Go out, do stuff

Comment

Oh god not another one.

Comment

*sigh* I don't even know where to start with that load of nonsense...

I do remember hearing about the group on that Chem Tanker from another Armed Guards firm (one that is very reputable) and their opinion of them, their professionalism and their actions was not overly favourable...
        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

That's a rather dandy looking rifle he has in the first photo,
          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

I think somebody has been watching north sea hijack
            http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081809/

Comment

Whats wrong with this? The newspapers the one thats bigged it up, the guys just making a bit of extra cash after working a dangerous job, protecting our skin.

Originally posted by chris123321 View Post
              That's a rather dandy looking rifle he has in the first photo,
              Its an M14 I believe. Pretty reliable semi-automatic, high accuracy. Good for people who don't fire bullets willy nilly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dosedmonkey View Post
                Whats wrong with this? The newspapers the one thats bigged it up, the guys just making a bit of extra cash after working a dangerous job, protecting our skin.
                He bigs it up in the way he's written his book. He sounds either extremely reckless but extremely lucky or a liar.

Originally posted by Dosedmonkey View Post
                Its an M14 I believe. Pretty reliable semi-automatic, high accuracy. Good for people who don't fire bullets willy nilly.
                You play too much Call of Duty. The only useful role of the M14 at Sea is firing a RAS Dildo.

Comment

Yes right he is writing a book, so of course he either is extremely lucky or a liar. No point writing a book of nothingness! /facepalm. A books a book, its not an official report, I think you picked it up for the wrong reason. If you read some of the military books, which can be backed up with intel from Afgahnistan, you'll find out how lucky you really can be too. :P

Obviously not as I have seen many military personnel use an M14 at sea.... The reason they use it for firing RAS Dildos is because they were very common among US navy before....

They are now favoured by a lot of South African Private Military Companies for some reason. US Navy sniper/marksmen units still train with them, not sure on their use though.

I mean christ they used to use normal single shot rifles in Napoleons day pretty accrete at sea. Of course you can use an M14 well at sea. Whats the difference in that and an M4 in semi-auto? Of course an M4 is nicer, but if your mercenery company, you might not have the cash for the upgrade from your normal stock, or they might be likely to get pinched by customs or for a whole host of reasons including personel preferance.

I found this quite amusing...

Comment

WTF IS that??? (Ok its a gun of some sorts, but.....)

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

is it not a mock up made as a deterrent?

Comment

aye, looks like a fake

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
                          Yep, quite amusing.

Comment

Ah.

This is why I'm not in the RN!!

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

And there was me thinking it was down to budget cuts....
                              I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Working...
                              X