X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New lock gates for Panama Canal

Must have been a stability nightmare!

From Marine Log

The first four new massive gates for the Panama Canal?s Third Set of Locks is expected to arrive in Panama from Italy on a heavy lift ship on August 19. The locks are one of the biggest milestones of the Expansion Program. [...] The Third Set of Locks has a total of 16 rolling gates (eight for each new lock complex). The new gates weigh an average of 3,300 tons each and are 57.6m x 10m x 31.92m.
    sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Haha a stability exercise, must have been great fun planning that project. Heavy lift are my favourite ships for working on, thoroughly enjoyed them and would love to do this kind of semi sub work.

Comment

The semi submersibles do look really interesting. Apart from the stability side of things, the securing arrangements must be pretty formidable, especially if they're crossing the Atlantic like that!
      sigpic
      Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Comment

Couple of twist locks should do it!
        Go out, do stuff

Comment

Video!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X