Indian Ocean Monsoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Ocean Monsoon

Just a clip I found from time on a capesize. Loaded with Iron Ore from Yuzhny, off to China. Crossed the Indian Ocean during the SW Monsoon season. The camera angles don't do it justice, we had 7m freeboard, and at times if you look, we get green sea shipping on deck. FYI, this was after we rerouted using a weather route. Before that, we were rolling too much to keep my camera stable. Took us 12 days to cross the Ocean, the rolling stopped after we passed Sri Lanka.

Linkedin

The green sea you had shipping on board is called Green Tide. It's a form of algae. Nasty, filthy **** that pretty much wipes out a lot of sealife...

I'll check the video out in a bit, having issues with flash...
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Smells rancid as well! Here is another clip I found of my time on Heythrop. Calmer seas this time, sailing through the Suez Canal under the friendship bridge. Boring, but some one might find it interesting.

Linkedin

Comment

I used to go diving in that ****...
        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Just reread what you posted, there wasn't any algae in the swell there, when we talk about shipping green seas, it just means that the wave height meant that the sea would come onto the deck. I have seen green bloom though, not nice stuff.
          Linkedin

Comment

Working...
          X