Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good lord... Daily Express on Piracy

http://www.express.co.uk/features/vi...orst-nightmare

Makes for horrendous reading, please tell me this man has never been let near a ship in his life and this 'story' is a work of pure fiction.

If this is what is to come out of armed guards for merchant shipping, maybe I should just stick where I am.
    "Crazy like wild wolves threatened by fire, send them all to the bottom of the sea."

Jeeez.....

It is the Express, in fairness!
    sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Reads like it was ghost written by a trash novel writer...

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

What a load of total and utter ball cocks, and as for the comments section I still havent stopped chuckling at people ignorance of the sea and maritime industry, so so pleased we live on an island

Whoever wrote that wants a major kick in the nads and that idiot isnt ex-SAS or SBS as they protect their identity even after leaving, unless he was the cleaner or a cook (Mr Segall ;0 )
        Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
        Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
        No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Just stopped laughing

Comment

The man is a lunatic. "Big Phil Campion"

Comment

Hopefully he'll Google himself (seems the type) and find this thread.
              sigpic
              Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

I think this man was a genuine Member of 22 Reg

British forces news wouldnt Have him on otherwise

Maybe I will never be
                All the things that I want to be
                But now is not the time to cry
                Now's the time to find out why

Comment

The bloke is unbelievable. I think if he ever came on my ship (if I get there), I'd probably get off. More for the fact that he threw a half tonne fridge of nice cold, refreshing drinks over the side than anything (such a waste)
                  "Crazy like wild wolves threatened by fire, send them all to the bottom of the sea."

Comment

ok all that interview does is reinforce my previous assertion...

As for BFN they aren't anything official (as far as I can see and stand to be corrected) as such so yeah they could ahve him, though if he wasn't 22 Reg then he'd been in a whole heap of doo doo
                    Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
                    Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
                    No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

They are rather Official Established by the MOD back in 1948 , however no are a charity Organization similar to the NAFI

The British Forces Broadcasting Service (BFBS) provides radio and television programmes for HM Forces, and their dependents, in Afghanistan, Bosnia, Brunei, Canada, Cyprus, the Falkland Islands, Germany, Gibraltar, Kosovo, the Middle East, Northern Ireland and Tristan da Cunha as well as a live satellite service to Royal Navy ships at sea. Editorial control is independent of the Ministry of Defence and the armed forces themselves.
                      The BFBS was established by the British War Office (now the Ministry of Defence) in 1943. Since the 1980s, BFBS has formed part of the Services Sound and Vision Corporation (SSVC), a registered charity, which is also responsible for the British Defence Film Library, SSVC Cinemas, and Combined Services Entertainment, providing entertainment for HM Forces around the world. Neither BFBS Radio nor BFBS Television carry commercial advertising.
                      Source
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British...asting_Service
                      Maybe I will never be
                      All the things that I want to be
                      But now is not the time to cry
                      Now's the time to find out why

Comment

edit
                        Last edited by GuinnessMan; 12 April 2015, 04:45 PM.
                        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Most definately a walt. People like him give the special forces and the army in general a bad name.

Comment

Originally posted by Ducki52 View Post
                            Most definately a walt. People like him give the special forces and the army in general a bad name.
                            You may wish to review these topics at ARRSE:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/waltenkommand...ommando-4.html

http://www.arrse.co.uk/waltenkommand...campion-3.html

Comment

Hmm, well there we go, I take it all back. Still, allowing stories that seem a bit too tall to be credible (such as throwing a fridge, shooting flares at people) brings up exactly these sorts of questions.

Comment

Working...
                              X