X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health and safety defeats Marines who tackled Somali pirates

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...i-pirates.html

I don't even know where to start.

"you are royal marines, and elite naval forces, however would you kindly attend a session on how to use ropes properly, just incase someone gets hurt " I bet there were a few uneasy council officials

Comment

They could probably show the trainers a trick or 2 lmao
      Be what you want to be not what other people tell you to be
      Adapt and over come
      Careers At Sea Ambassador

Comment

Utter madness, and utter stupidity from someone who, in all likelihood, has completed a stupid bloody 4 days HSE course or has one of those ridiculous NEBOSH certificates on how to be an utter wanker!

This is what will bring the UK down....
        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

A lot of stuff the military does is not "safe". They do the risk assessment, decide it's bloody dangerous, and do it anyway because it's "operationally necessary". Casualty levels in military training (never mind operations) exceed what would be acceptable in a civilian industrial setting. For a display like this, the risks of fast-roping were unacceptable to the (civilian) organisers. Fair enough.

****ing pussies though for telling them not to shoot the pirates!

Comment

War on pirates

According to some newspaper, there has been an increase in the creation of security firms more than 120 were launched during the last 18 months.
            This is the result of the incapacity of the Naval Forces to fight again the pirates in the Gulf of Aden and around Somalia.
            The weapons that they use are sometime not authorized and for that reason the Government is trying to regulate this new Wild West.
            These contractors are real professionals and maritime security experts : the Government will be well advised to follow some of the tips these firms can provide
            Maritime Security

Comment

Originally posted by tomkent45 View Post
              According to some newspaper, there has been an increase in the creation of security firms more than 120 were launched during the last 18 months.
              This is the result of the incapacity of the Naval Forces to fight again the pirates in the Gulf of Aden and around Somalia.
              The weapons that they use are sometime not authorized and for that reason the Government is trying to regulate this new Wild West.
              These contractors are real professionals and maritime security experts : the Government will be well advised to follow some of the tips these firms can provide
              As someone who has dealt with a number of these groups they're not all "professional". Some are down right bloody cowboys, deluded mailmen, etc. Marine Risk Management being a fairly bad one...

Only one company has stood out so far and that is PVI. They are professional and a truly excellent group to deal with.
              I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Working...
              X