No announcement yet.

EuroCeanica withdrawing UK cadetships?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EuroCeanica withdrawing UK cadetships?

Hearing rumours that EuroCeanica are withdrawing their sponsorship of UK cadets (managed by Clyde).

Anyone heard anything about this? Particularly, what will happen to those cadets affected since Clyde will have to find spaces?
    Last edited by CharlieDelta; 10 August 2011, 03:14 AM.
    sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

More worrying questions would be:
    Could Clyde withdraw cadetships - either of people half way through their course or just about to start- in situations like this? Even though it's no fault of the cadet? If are a EuroCeanica cadet would anyone else want to take you ie would they get smart funding for you?

used this picture earlier but seems appropriate here too :P
    Attached Files

Comment

Do we have any EuroCeanica cadets on here?

Comment

I know one cadet, apparently the reason is due to Euroceanica no longer being UK flagged.
        Forum Admin

Comment

Wwwwwhhhhhoooooooooo?

Never heard of them...tankers?cruises?chancers?
          Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
          Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
          No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Chemical tankers mainly, under the Crystal "brand".
            sigpic
            Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

I remember hearing about a company that stopped taking cadets on through Clyde but the name escapes me. I do remember though that Clyde put the cadets that were already with the company with other companies, Zodiac being a major taker.

Comment

there will always be enough space to shuffle people around, as companies always end up with less cadets qualifying then they take on due to drop outs, I know that Clyde had no problems placing the ETO cadets and i doubt they will have for some time.

I'm pretty sure that Clyde's contracts say that finding you a sponsor is their responsibilty and as so i imagine that they will have come across places pulling out before
                you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

i've got a mate with EO, i highly doubt - although my opinion is in no way a professional or educated one - that if they withdraw from sponsoring cadets, that they can stop servicing the needs of cadets they have already agreed to sponsor, it probably just means that they will not be taking on any more. Anyways there are loads of companies to go with and i know that RCCL are in need of more cadets and they have just opened up new UK offices and have incread there minimum number of cadets from 2 to 35.

soo........... Someone might get lucky
                  "My Job"

It's not my place to run the boat
                  the fog horn I can't blow.

It's not my place to say just where
                  the boat's allowed to go

It's not my right to dock the boat
                  or even clang the bell

But let the damn thing
                  start to sink AND SEE WHO CATCHES HELL!

Comment

increased from 2 to 35? thats a bit of a jump up
                    you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

Clyde placed all ETO cadets easily?? Not sure all the placements were relevant experience along MNTB lines...
                      Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

I know someone with Euroceanica that recently joined his ship...
                        "Did I tell you about my theory about sailors? Sailors are the finest people in the world."

Comment

Working...
                        X