Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karin Schepers has grounded again!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-14384139

Run a ground, then get off, then do a runner to Holland! Not the first ship to run onto sand and get off again, but still sounds a bit fishy, especailly the speeds it was recorded doing toward land.

Hmm, from what i've read there I am going to make a small guess here and say that no one was actually watching where they going or as an investigator would say "not maintaining an appropriate look out or following set navigational procedures".

Quick note to folks, ignore what the Owner's and Charterer's come out with. They will try to keep things quiet so that it doesn't make them look bad.
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

It certainly has an interesting AIS track!

Comment

There should be an MAIB report on this one, if we find out the results of it, probably, but a long time in the future like most of these things.

Comment

The investigation found that the chief officer was incapacitated due to intoxication and had fallen asleep during his watch.

It also found that there was no look-out on the bridge and the Bridge Navigational Watch Alarm System was off.
          Sounds like a lovely bunch

Comment

http://maritimeaccident.org/2011/08/...d-in-cornwall/

Here is the video from an attending lifeboat. She was definitely aground...
            I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Working...
            X