X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah
    replied
    Not looking good is it?!
    Has anyone looked into government funding for those who aren't getting paid to be home?
    We sat down to take our management general paper on Monday last week, 15 minutes in they come in and stop the exam and send us home.

Leave a comment:

• alexsandford22
    replied
    https://www.nautilusint.org/en/news-...s-key-workers/
    Not sharing for the kids part, but hopefully make travel easier for everyone during the inevitable lock down!

Leave a comment:

• EH75
    replied
    Lots of adverts on LinkedIn etc for officers with offshore experience located in the UK who are available for work as obviously they can't get the usual crew out from Poland or wherever they are from.

Leave a comment:

• Jakobus2012
    replied
    Originally posted by ManxMariner View Post
    So I’m offshore, UK, North Sea. All our shore leave has been cancelled and we are now being told crew changes may be cancelled, company is sending updates day to day and things are changing rapidly for us.
    Which company is this? I'm also north sea offshore and wondering if this is a stance the offshore industry on the UKCS may take as a whole.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• SeaboundBySunrise
    replied
    Update:

All Orals exams have been postponed starting next monday.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...riod__002_.pdf

Leave a comment:

• georgeGheal
    replied
    Many of you are probably aware of this. But the MCA has published guidelines to be found here
    https://assets.publishing.service.go...rers_12-03.pdf
    also they have published min 611 which can be found here
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...farer-services

Leave a comment:

• EH75
    replied
    Eventually things will bounce back, they always do its just a matter of how long it takes. It could mean the end for any of the companies that are already maybe not in the best shape financially though. That's another thing about the "let's sit alongside and do maintenance" angle. The companies could be without income for a significant period of time, they probably won't want to spend any more than in necessary, so I would think it would just be the bare minimum maintenence to keep the ships ticking over.

Leave a comment:

• DeltaGolf
    replied
    This may seem dark but after this if it goes on longer than the cruise lines have cancelled stuff for will the industry ever recover or has the bubble started to burst?

Leave a comment:

• Dotc0m
    replied
    I got home last week and all further crew changes have been cancelled so I’m stuck for an extended leave this time (usually 28 days) which is also going to ruin my SED claim for this year.

Leave a comment:

• Rollo90
    replied
    Pilots, jetty personnel, anyone who comes on board no longer shakes hands in Ireland, we sort of tap elbows instead haha. Had a pilot on this morning who wore blue latex gloves the entire time he was on board. Company are sending updates and stats on the virus but nothing to actually protect us such as masks, hand sanitizer etc, which apparently they did during SARS, MERS etc a few years ago. Shore leave is currently still permitted but we need a health declaration for each port. I'm due off soon so hoping crew changes don't get cancelled.

Leave a comment:

• Sega
    replied
    Originally posted by alistairuk View Post

Most are sending non essential crew home (where authorities permit) and using the down time to do maintenance that can’t be done in service.
    My cruise company cancelled all US-Based ships (around 2/3rd's of the fleet, the rest of the fleet continuing) for 30 days, no crew are being sent home although crew changes remain to be seen. By the looks of it they'll all be sailing in circles, going into port just for bunkers and stores when required.

Leave a comment:

• EH75
    replied
    Our lot are still deciding what to do by the sounds of things, I am on leave so not really sure. Doing maintenance is great but there's only so much you can do with the stuff that is held on board, a lot of serious maintenance invariably requires parts, contractors etc. Now I presume they aren't going to be sending us a bunch of contractors for obvious reasons, and I don't know what parts availability is going to be like with businesses in various parts of the world that might supply these sort of things being closed etc. That's before you even get to the issue of holding capacity for waste water etc if you are sitting at anchor and can't discharge, fresh water production etc. Lot of hurdles to overcome. I'm quite happy to sit at anchor for the next 3 months but I don't think its going to be as productive as people might think.

Leave a comment:

• alistairuk
    replied
    Originally posted by EH75 View Post
    Cruise companies cancelling all future itineraries for the next few months left right and centre. Be interesting to see where they are gonna lay all these ships up.
    Most are sending non essential crew home (where authorities permit) and using the down time to do maintenance that can’t be done in service.

Leave a comment:

• alistairuk
    replied
    So far the biggest problem has been ports refusing to permit crew changes - meaning crew stuck onboard empty ships and others unable to join... In my case Singapore of all places which quite happily will allow me to fly there on holiday and has allowed all crew (and the passengers) ashore the other day but yet won’t allow any crew changes to take place... thus I’m stuck at home for the foreseeable future...

Leave a comment:

• EH75
    replied
    Cruise companies cancelling all future itineraries for the next few months left right and centre. Be interesting to see where they are gonna lay all these ships up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X