Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cost of Orals, Revalidation of CoCs and ENG1s are to increase...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of Orals, Revalidation of CoCs and ENG1s are to increase...

The MCA has announced that they'll be increasing the fees for services almost across the board;

See https://assets.publishing.service.go..._fees_2018.pdf

Of note, the cost of an ENG1 will increase to £115.
    Pointy bit is the front, blunt bit is the back... Simples!

Will work for money/sea time.

Pretty mad I think - the service is pretty awful...

Over 6 weeks to issue a CoC, and longer to issue Advanced Cargo Endorsements. However I did notice they took my money for the Endorsements within 12 hours so no slacking at that part of the job!

Comment

Wonder what their justification is for a 40% increase in the cost of an ENG1?

Comment

Originally posted by EH75 View Post
        Wonder what their justification is for a 40% increase in the cost of an ENG1?
        According to the stakeholder survey (which didn't ask any seafarers, only doctors AFAIK) "the current fees are too low, we can't afford to provide adequate medical care to patients".
        Pointy bit is the front, blunt bit is the back... Simples!

Will work for money/sea time.

Comment

The fees haven't increased for years, if the cost results in a better service than that has to be a bonus.

Comment

The first step of any struggling business, raise the prices, are we to believe the MCA are any different...

Comment

The price of an ENG1 is a joke, £80 for 10 minutes of a Dr's time.
              Why a 2 year medical is beyond me! I was told by a Dr during my last ENG1 that train drivers have 10 years.
              perhaps if your over 50 or so it would be more reasonable.
              2/O Tankers

Watch out for big green boxes...

Comment

Originally posted by flobbernoggin View Post
                The price of an ENG1 is a joke, £80 for 10 minutes of a Dr's time.
                Why a 2 year medical is beyond me! I was told by a Dr during my last ENG1 that train drivers have 10 years.
                perhaps if your over 50 or so it would be more reasonable.
                If the medical takes 10 minutes then the medical examiner isn't doing his job properly, many of the doctors take much longer.

Also with regards the validity, there is the consideration that you can be out of range of medical treatment and having someone with medical issues onboard is less than ideal.

Our marine pilot medicals are 5 yearly.

Comment

Working...
                X