Brit vanishes on Disney ship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brit vanishes on Disney ship

THE frantic parents of a young British cruise worker have said they don't believe she would have jumped overboard after she vanished from her ship.
    Rebecca Coriam was last seen on the Disney Wonder last Monday — 24 hours after it set sail from Los Angeles in the US for a week-long cruise along the Mexican coast.
    She didn't show up for work the next day and hasn't been seen since.
    The 24-year-old, from Chester, was working as part of a youth programme on the 1,000ft-long £580million boat.
    Her distraught parents Michael and Ann Coriam and her aunt Trish Davies have flown to LA to meet with investigators in a desperate bid to find her.
    They are convinced that Rebecca did not jump overboard and that something has happened to her.
    Ann said: "She loved life, she loved America, she'd love to live there. There is no way that she would do anything like that. Something has happened to her."
    She added: "We just don't know what happened to her, do we? And that's just the worst. We've got to find out what happened."
    Pretty Rebecca was spotted on the ship's CCTV making a phone call at 5am — shortly before she disappeared.
    Passengers on the boat — which carries 2,500 passengers and a further 1,500 staff — were told Rebecca was missing and asked to be vigilant, but so far not trace has been found.
    A source at the cruise company said the ship had been searched repeatedly.
    The source added: "She went missing before the ship had docked at the first port of call, Cabo San Lucas.
    "At the moment there are three possibilities - that she accidentally fell overboard, that foul play is involved, or that she voluntarily went overboard."
    The Royal Bahamas Police force, where the ship is registered, are heading the investigation along with the US Coast Guard and the Mexican Navy.
    Christi Erwin Donnan, a spokeswoman for Disney, said: "We have been doing everything possible to find Rebecca Coriam.
    "Rebecca's disappearance has been difficult for everyone at Disney Cruise Line. We've been in close contact with the Coriam family, and we're assisting them in any way we can."
    The Foreign Office said it was providing assistance.
    @ http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... -ship.html

Re: Brit vanishes on Disney ship

[youtube:a4x4uso3]XA1isrCU95k[/youtube:a4x4uso3]

Comment

Poor buggers

Comment

Our ship was in the area and all ships on lookout after this. Poor girl

Comment

Parents on radio yesterday saying she is alive, but they dont know where or anything.

All very odd given they have her on camera upto about 0630 that morning then....pfffft gone.

More to this than meets the eye
          Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
          Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
          No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

I agree with Chiefy here... Could it be another John Darwin like mystery?

Comment

very odd ehh
              Be what you want to be not what other people tell you to be
              Adapt and over come
              Careers At Sea Ambassador

Comment

Working...
              X