Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autonomous navigation thesis

Hello all,

I am a fourth year maritime officer student at the Rotterdam Mainport Institute. At this moment i am working on my thesis. The subject of my thesis is autonomous navigation, and for the purpose of this research i have set up a survey regarding several scenarios that have to be tested on autonomous ships. I would really appreciate it if you could take part in this survey. The survey link can be found below:

https://goo.gl/forms/LTK5MrEXJZNo4WDG3

Thank you.

Goedenavond,

I found an error in the survey on the questions when selecting the response based on numbers relating to failures in Nav gear. Firstly what do the numbers represent in terms of severity (i.e. lowest importance or highest) and the page would not let me move on as it found an error with my input on these.

I wonder if you are making a comment on the implications of autonomous ships on seafarers and our employment. I know from experience working with many Dutch mariners (Fairplay towage, SMIT and Kotug) when working on sea towing projects, as a group you are very protective of the Dutch merchant seafarers and I wonder what your opinion is on this subject.

Hopefully the survey will work for me later on another P.C. and I will endeavour to complete it then for you.

Comment

Working...
    X