Shore leave - do you get enough??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shore leave - do you get enough??

Hi everyone I'm doing some research for an article and am interested in finding out whether seafarers get enough shore leave. Please take my survey and let me know your views, it only takes a few minutes and I really appreciate your help: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/L6TNRGK

Thank you!

Define "enough", personally I don't go down the gangway from joining to pay off, doing 12w:12w, others go at every chance.

Don't understand...leisure time enough on shore leave, shoreleave IS leisure time a few hours here and there.
    Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
    Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
    No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

I think I define "enough" as time to be able to go onshore and be able to relax/do leisure activities away from the stresses of work environment. I am trying to find out whether crew actually get any real free time to rest away from the ship, which it seems that quite a lot of crew don't so far according to their answers

Comment

Is 3 hours in 5 months enough?
        io parlo morse

Comment

To be honest then I would say that the answer is no, however, that is balanced by the leave, I have 12 weeks leisure time at a go, for me personally, ship,time is work time.

If I'm on the ship I'm at work, even on shore leave, given you would be remiss and down right stupid / negligent to do some of the things you would on leave, given all the added complications if things go wrong.

As I say that's just me, ship = work and as such "leisure time" is anytime not doing ship work. That said the younger types are often hampered by officialdom ashore and distance from places etc
          Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
          Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
          No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Working...
          X