Recent Acceptance onto BP cadet Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Acceptance onto BP cadet Program

So I've recently accepted sponsorship from BP to do the 3 year course at south shields marine school in the UK. i'm very excited to start in January 2018 and i was just wondering how much allowance (weekly) i can expect while studying? given that the rooms in residential's at SSMS are around £150pw it would be greatly appreciated.

Most companies give around £600-£750 a month but BP are probably a little more.

Comment

This really is a question for your training supervisor to be honest. It should be stated in your paperwork but if not, give them a bell.
      27//Officer Cadet//Phase Three//Warsash

My officer cadet blog - SeasboundBySummer.Tumblr.com

Comment

Depends what course you are on. You will receive an information pack soon enough which will detail all of it.
        Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPete View Post
          So I've recently accepted sponsorship from BP to do the 3 year course at south shields marine school in the UK. i'm very excited to start in January 2018 and i was just wondering how much allowance (weekly) i can expect while studying? given that the rooms in residential's at SSMS are around £150pw it would be greatly appreciated.
          As Seabound said, these are the questions to be answered by BP. Are you UK national? If yes, you would have known all the information at interview/assessment day. BP is very transparent and straightforward regarding their package in UK at least, all the future cadets know exactly where they stand .If you are coming from abroad we can not help you, perhaps its a different package for you. Still, alarm bells ringing about your lack of basic info, make sure it is not some kind of a fraud, unfortunately things do happen.

Comment

BP cadetships are at £11500 per year.

Comment

You will not struggle to live on BP sponsorship. Just a side note: You should go for En-suite Non catered, the rooms are much nicer. Going catered only means they put the extra money you pay on your student card so you can spend it in the canteen/shop/costa. You can obviously just pay with cash and are not forced in the canteen you have the option to cook for yourself.

Comment

Working...
              X