Announcement

Collapse

SITE UPGRADE

We've just performed a major upgrade to the forum software. You may have noticed things look a bit different!

Please note that some features have yet to be reinstated, this will be done over the next few days. Attachments, pictures and signatures may not function as they should for the time being.

Thanks for your patience!
See more
See less

EOOW Unlimited and Limited - differences?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EOOW Unlimited and Limited - differences?!

I'm nearing completion of my cadetship, and following the HNC route, my sea time has been spent on a variety of supply, anchor handling, and construction vessels.

What I'm wondering is: If following the said named course, and upon successful completion of both the IAMI's and Orals, would I be issued with an EOOW Unlimited license?!

What differentiates between getting an unlimited license and limited license these days?

Hope the foregoing is clear, and aye I've had a browse at other threads! Cheers!

C

I could be wrong but I think that the difference between unlimited and limited EOOW tickets is all down to the size of ship (engine wise) that you would qualify to work on i.e limited i think has to be <3000kw and ulimited, well any size haha. If im wrong im sure someone will correct me
    Phase 5 Engine Cadet at City of Glasgow College

Comment

Nope, as per forever, it's jst engine size.....in this instance size matters and I think it's still 3000kw main engine power (or equvalent for the diesel electric people)
      Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
      Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
      No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Working...
      X