Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I get an engineer test I no if accepted I would get a maths test but as I want to be an engineer would I be given an engineer kind of test

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I get an engineer test I no if accepted I would get a maths test but as I want to be an engineer would I be given an engineer kind of test

I no the sponger before they except me I would be given a maths test etched since i want to be an engineering officer would I be given and engineer test and if so what kind of thing would be in it
    Phase 5 SPD engine cadet at city of Glasgow college. Doing a a combined motor and steam ticket.

Ok seriously, think of all the questions and make a single thread for them and then you really need to work on grammar / basic English as what is above is barely understandable.
    you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

I have no idea what you just asked. Please check your posts before posting them. It looks like autocorrect had a spaz attack on your post.

Anyway, Warsash Maritime Academy have a maths study guide for new entrants to look at before starting college. You can have a look at it here: http://www.warsashacademy.co.uk/care...udy-guide.aspx

In terms of in interviews, I had to do a maths test to filter applicants before interview. It was about GCSE level, but you should be getting well over 80% to even be considered. Also had a mental reasoning test on the interview day. Not sure what other companies do and when.

Comment

I normally don't comment on grammar / spelling, but if you going to be sending applications off to companies then you really do need to work on your grammar and spelling, if you suffer from something along the lines of dyslexia then get some help when you fill in the forms etc.

As for the question in the OP, if you are asking if you will be given an engineering test during your interview then, not normally, no. However, you may be asked a few questions along the lines of what kind of fuel would you expect a ship to use or something like which way do you turn a nut to tighten it.

Also, as ETWhat said, there is no need to start a new thread for every question. Please post an introduction in "hello sailor" and tell us a little bit about yourself, you can then ask all the questions that you have in there.
        Go out, do stuff

Comment

Sorry about the grammar I actually need to use my phone as I don't currently have. Computer so sorry for my mistakes.

Originally posted by Clanky View Post
          I normally don't comment on grammar / spelling, but if you going to be sending applications off to companies then you really do need to work on your grammar and spelling, if you suffer from something along the lines of dyslexia then get some help when you fill in the forms etc.

As for the question in the OP, if you are asking if you will be given an engineering test during your interview then, not normally, no. However, you may be asked a few questions along the lines of what kind of fuel would you expect a ship to use or something like which way do you turn a nut to tighten it.

Also, as ETWhat said, there is no need to start a new thread for every question. Please post an introduction in "hello sailor" and tell us a little bit about yourself, you can then ask all the questions that you have in there.
          Sorry guys
          Phase 5 SPD engine cadet at city of Glasgow college. Doing a a combined motor and steam ticket.

Comment

No worries and no need to apologise, but if you keep everything together then it will be easier for you to get the info that you are looking for.
            Go out, do stuff

Comment

If your dyslexic, do not be put off, many engineers at sea are dyslexic, deck officers too, and there is help for you during acedemic stages, the coastguard are more interested in whether you can perform your job and do it safely at junior officer then your grammar mate.

Ignore all the people being rude to you on here, before even giving you a chance, but try and take on any constructive advice people have given you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dosedmonkey View Post
                Ignore all the people being rude to you on here, before even giving you a chance, but try and take on any constructive advice people have given you.
                We're not being rude to him. He has asked the same question several times in several places and, like the above, not all made much in the way of sense. If he is going to be applying to the various companies, then he is going to need to improve his grammar and spelling or get someone to proof read all his stuff otherwise his applications will not get very far.
                I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by HarmlessWeasel View Post
                  It looks like autocorrect had a spaz attack on your post.
                  This sounds suspicious ...
                  Both of those comments really were completely unnecesary, especailly towards someone new to the forums.

Really Spaz attack? That is really really offensive.

Then an Admin says thanks to Guinnessman for defending a forum person saying spaz attack? Liturally sort it out. I think you all need to go on management courses like the new HELM course. :P

Comment

Both of those comments really were completely unnecesary, especailly towards someone new to the forums.

Then an Admin says thanks to Guinnessman for defending a forum person saying spaz attack? Liturally sort it out. I think you all need to go on management courses like the new HELM course. :P
                    Spaz attack, I don't agree with the wording but I can certainly think of a lot more impolite ways that could be said and your attitude towards other members around here has been far from stellar.

Oh, if we're going to giving opinions about each other, I personally think you need to grow up and bit and stop being so bloody sensitive every time some one disagrees with you.

You know where the "report post" button is...

Comment

Then an Admin says thanks to Guinnessman for defending a forum person saying spaz attack? Liturally sort it out.
                      You are bang out of order AGAIN! I did not thank him for defending anyone else - are you deliberately setting out to cause offence?

I said thank you to Guinnessman for pointing out that before this person goes any further then he should concentrate on his spelling and Grammar before he makes any applications and his post was extremely difficult to understand.

I think you all need to go on management courses like the new HELM course. :P
                      This is a bit rich and a bit like the pot calling the kettle sooty arse.....

In the thread about Not Under Command where you had a go at me I replied thinking that people would perhaps say I went overboard. I had 7 private messages saying they were so glad I had posted and 7 people thanked me for the post. What does that tell YOU?

You really are just a wind up merchant aren't you?
                      "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
                      "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

OK maybe I should have said something like 'it looks like autocorrect had a field day...'. I suppose I didn't think much of it as I get a bit of banter for having specific learning difficulties, and so am used to hearing the word and ones like it, and I expect other people to take it in good humour like I do. Spaz is also hardly going to be the worst word anyone hears at sea, so I'm surprised anyone took offence, especially when it wasn't someone who was actually involved in the thread at the time.

If I do say something that causes anyone offence, please just PM me and I'll consider editing or responding in an appropriate manner. Then if you still don't like what I've said/done, then feel free to report me.

Comment

It's all got a bit serious in here huh...

Comment

Originally posted by bobofinga View Post
                            It's all got a bit serious in here huh...
                            Just a wee bit....

Comment

Hang on though, he has done 2 weeks as a 2nd Engineer......

Comment

Working...
                              X