carnival uk engine requirments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carnival uk engine requirments

Would carnival uk take me on as a engine cadet if my colour vision is not at the the right standard so not fit for watch. I am fit to work in the engins though as i have been told
    Phase 5 SPD engine cadet at city of Glasgow college. Doing a a combined motor and steam ticket.

Only person who can tell you is an MCA approved doctor if you have an ENG1 or Carnival themselves.

Comment

probably best to ask a ENG1 doctor, i can send you a list of preferred practitioners that Carnival UK use, they only have set ones they like to use!

Comment

fit to work in the engines? who told you and what tests had they done to determine what level you eyesight is,
        you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

Originally posted by robertpollock View Post
          Would carnival uk take me on as a engine cadet if my colour vision is not at the the right standard so not fit for watch. I am fit to work in the engins though as i have been told
          Colour-blindness is not always an issue, but it depends..

Best asking Stronglead as it was him that has something similar...
          I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by ETwhat? View Post
            fit to work in the engines? who told you and what tests had they done to determine what level you eyesight is,
            i went for a full colour test and passed the farnsworth d-15 ishihara test and city university i did a full colour test at a university clinic
            Phase 5 SPD engine cadet at city of Glasgow college. Doing a a combined motor and steam ticket.

Comment

You only need to pass either the Farnsworth d15 or City University test to be fit for an Engineer. However, your ENG 1 will restrict you from navigational duties.
              C

Comment

Originally posted by Bulman View Post
                probably best to ask a ENG1 doctor, i can send you a list of preferred practitioners that Carnival UK use, they only have set ones they like to use!

That hat would be great

Comment

Robert, i have left this thread open and locked the others as you have 4 threads, basically asking the same question, please let me know if you would like me to re-open one of the other threads and lock this one.
                  Go out, do stuff

Comment

Robert, don't get bogged down with wanting a job with Carnival UK, there is lots of shipping companies out there if you really want to be an engineer at sea.

There are colour blind engineers at sea. As said above, see an ENG 1 approved doctor.

Comment

Working...
                    X