This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eng1 engineer colour vision requirments

a week before going for my eng1 i will be taking the ishihara test at my opticians if i pass and my optition writes saying i have passed the ishihara test will i be able to present this to the eng1 doctor so i will not need to sit the ishihara test on the day i go for the eng1 and he will automatically make me fit for watch. will he tick the box saying no colour vision problems or will i need to sit it again.

I want to be an engineer and i no at some points i will need to spend time on watch
    Phase 5 SPD engine cadet at city of Glasgow college. Doing a a combined motor and steam ticket.

Your doctor will most likely test you as it takes less than a minute unless you have a complication. What's the point in getting a note from an optician to say you've passed the ishihara test? It will just cost more money

Comment

This sounds suspicious ...

Comment

Originally posted by robertpollock View Post
        a week before going for my eng1 i will be taking the ishihara test at my opticians if i pass and my optition writes saying i have passed the ishihara test will i be able to present this to the eng1 doctor so i will not need to sit the ishihara test on the day i go for the eng1 and he will automatically make me fit for watch. will he tick the box saying no colour vision problems or will i need to sit it again.

I want to be an engineer and i no at some points i will need to spend time on watch
        Is it not related to navigational watch duties the colour requirement? Also, as said in the other thread, speak to Stronglead...

(also, small thing, but i'd improve the grammar and spelling)
        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

The Ishihara book test will be a part of your ENG1 examination regardless of whether you have evidence of having passed one before.

Why are you afraid of the test?

Comment

I have left http://www.officercadet.com/showthre...on-requirments open and closed the others, if you would like one of the others left open instead let me know
            Go out, do stuff

Comment

Working...
            X